delayed background check

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have an FFL and if I buy from a pawn shop that won't do a transfer from dealer to dealer and I have to fill out a 4473, I get delayed ?? Go figure that one out !! Your government at work !

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since they started the background check stuff, I have ALWAYS been delayed. Don't know why. I am never in much of a hurry, so it's not the end of the world.

roachjuice

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I found one cheaper in Oklahoma City that I'm going to go buy tomorrow. It was in the classifieds on here. I guess when Academy calls me back I'll tell Them I'm not interested.

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did you put your SS# on the Form 4473?

I know many people do not want to put it on the form. But what happens is if there is another person with a name either exactly like yours or close to it, they will put a delay on it to do more research to make sure the weapon is not going to the wrong person. I have seen this happen more times with people that do not put their SS# on the form, than the ones that do.

Last edited:

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did you put your SS# on the Form 4473?

I do everytime ?
I understand it that anytime there is any government paper trail attached to your name it will get you delayed... Tickets, Proffesional licenses, my certification to teach Carry classes or anything like that it will cause you to get delayed ??

Latest posts

Top Bottom