delayed background check

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roachjuice

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ok i went to academy saturday night wanting to get a sig sauer sp2022 in 9mm. filled out the background check comes back saying "delayed". ive bought a gun from franson firearms before with a background check with no problems. should i call back to check if its been cleared? should i call the store or osbi? how long does it usually take? another question. if i put the wrong city where i was born would that make it delayed? i couldnt remember the city but i found my birth certificate. now i cant remember which city i put on the form! ha just my luck!

BallisticGuy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was a delay on black Friday then they called back before I left the store(2mins and gave me a proceed. I bought since then and I've never had a problem since? Just weird all around

Stephen Cue

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
ok i went to academy saturday night wanting to get a sig sauer sp2022 in 9mm. filled out the background check comes back saying "delayed". ive bought a gun from franson firearms before with a background check with no problems. should i call back to check if its been cleared? should i call the store or osbi? how long does it usually take? another question. if i put the wrong city where i was born would that make it delayed? i couldnt remember the city but i found my birth certificate. now i cant remember which city i put on the form! ha just my luck!

Call NICS customer service, they will tell you whats happening.

1-877-FBI-NICS (324-6427)

Latest posts

Top Bottom