Democrat Senator Proposes Restricting Gun That Does Not Exist

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In the chamber, not the receiver. Details, details!
Either way ends with dirty gases in the receiver. One just has less operations to get there. No? Straight back or via the carrier gas key? Doesn't that constitute gas operated? Or is there a term I am missing and some info I can learn?

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Either way ends with dirty gases in the receiver. One just has less operations to get there. No? Straight back or via the carrier gas key? Doesn't that constitute gas operated? Or is there a term I am missing and some info I can learn?
Blowback gas works directly on the cartridge itself within the chamber, not the bolt in the receiver. The gas that actually escapes past the cartridge into the receiver is too weak to operate anything. Gas piston technically works on the piston head in the gas tube, not the receiver. Direct impingement works directly on the bolt in the receiver and is the most common type being discussed. Then of course there's roller locked, which is an animal of completely different stripes (pun intended).

All of them accomplish the same end result, but the way they get there is beyond the ability of mere politicians to effectively legislate. That is until they spend years focused on firearms design, which they'll never do.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think this pretty much sums all the gun control stuff up.

homemade-fully-automatic-12-gauge-shotgun-pistol-they-are-going-4783896.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom