Democrats Slammed For Non-Patriotic Memorial Day Tweets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Are you saying that eating ice cream is all he did on Monday and that he didn't in fact do anything to honor the troops at all?

Or could it be the resentment and vitriol is so great that many here completely dismissed what he did and would rather focus on this one tweet that was likely sent out by an intern or some other lowly employee?

There are plenty of reasons to fire pot shots at the man, but this isn't one of them IMHO.....but, YMMV.

You may have missed it. I was criticizing the optic of the ice cream cone. Let me drill down a little further to explain. Wrong “L” word. Instead of showing the American people how he “Licks” he should be sharing with the American people and the world how he “Leads”.

But since you opened the door, to the “many” that completely dismissed what he did” … what exactly did he do this Memorial Day weekend? To my knowledge the only other thing that he did besides the photo op with the cone this weekend was to say we are “winning” right after ISIS took Ramadi. Nothing says “winning” or “honor” like letting ISIS take a city that Americans fought and died over.

“…. likely sent out by an intern or a lowly employee?” Do you really think that the White House would allow an “intern” or a “lowly employee” to send out an official Tweet? Seriously? You think they just have an open work station and anyone that has a cute picture of B HO, Ms, B HO or the little B HOs can just send something out? Or was that just the best excuse you could fabricate this morning?

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You may have missed it. I was criticizing the optic of the ice cream cone. Let me drill down a little further to explain. Wrong “L” word. Instead of showing the American people how he “Licks” he should be sharing with the American people and the world how he “Leads”.

But since you opened the door, to the “many” that completely dismissed what he did” … what exactly did he do this Memorial Day weekend? To my knowledge the only other thing that he did besides the photo op with the cone this weekend was to say we are “winning” right after ISIS took Ramadi. Nothing says “winning” or “honor” like letting ISIS take a city that Americans fought and died over.

“…. likely sent out by an intern or a lowly employee?” Do you really think that the White House would allow an “intern” or a “lowly employee” to send out an official Tweet? Seriously? You think they just have an open work station and anyone that has a cute picture of B HO, Ms, B HO or the little B HOs can just send something out? Or was that just the best excuse you could fabricate this morning?
Your knowledge is obviously quite limited.
You didn't even look at the video that was posted.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First, the assumption that he knew that the photo taken would end up on the @TheDemocrats "memorial day" tweet is disingenuous. He is the President, and like all other Presidents before him photos are taken of him all the time, sometimes unbeknownst to him. Some of you guys are talking as if he told the person behind the @TheDemocrats twitter account to get a photo op of him eating ice cream and send it out. When in all likely hood he knew nothing about it and had nothing to do with it. It was most definitely approved by someone on his(or the democratic party's) staff with authority, but yes, I do really think they have some "lowly employee" that maintains the account.

Second, I suppose your being very selective in what you deem as an action. Apparently placing a wreath at the tomb of the unknown soldier and paying respect to those that have fallen, and visiting families of the fallen is doing nothing... Yes, he certainly took advantage of the situation by politically grandstanding some with his speech, but does that discount the respect he also paid? The question is rhetorical, because I believe already know your answer.

Obama said:
The Americans who rest beneath these beautiful hills and in sacred ground across our country and around the world, they are why our nation endures. Each simple stone marker arranged in perfect military precision, signifies the cost of our blessings. It is a debt we can never fully repay. But it is a debt well never stop trying to fully repay, by remaining a nation worthy of their sacrifice. By living our own lives the way the fallen lived theirs - a testament that greater love has no other than this than to lay down your life for your friends.

[Broken External Image]

Don't get me wrong, I don't like the guy and am one of his biggest opponents, but to say he did nothing is absurd(I can at least acknowledge he did something). Of course we all know the hate for Obama on these forums is robust, but how can that be true when it is the "lib dems" that are the crude and hateful ones? You guys keep dismissing everything that might portray him positively and keep posting stuff that only furthers the vitriol you have for him.

Last edited:

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Or if you were trying to deflect.

It’s not that you have a “grudge”, “white guilt” or even a man-crush on Obama. It’s probably due more to your political convenience.

To this, it never fails but when Obama is being criticized … whether it is about his failed fiscal policies or his failed foreign policies or just the optics of Obama doing something “stupidly”; there will always be someone besides Josh Earnest who will try (poorly) to minimize or deflect away from the criticism of their beloved B HO.

The point to Obama’s photo op with the ice cream is that instead of talking about the global threat of Islamists he is talking about the threat of “global warming”. Instead of talking about his strategy to fight a global threat from Islamists he actually said after ISIS took Ramadi we were “winning”.

Now, should B HO be touring the FN or Colt factory and be seen test firing weapons in his "mom jeans"? No. That would be silly and more of a Dukakis moment.

Then again, maybe eating an ice cream cone is the best he can do to send a message honoring our heroes who have fallen?

I thought I told you to stop posting your superfluous quotation marks all over my forum. You're the worst thing since Crystal Pepsi. Go away.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What are your thoughts on the Christian conservative Duggar family molestation revelations?
Jim Bob had previously stated that incest should be treated as a capital crime punishable by death but after his son admitted molesting his sisters there have been no further comments.
Doesn't it seem like these kinds of things always seem to revolve around prominent Christian conservatives with TV shows?

They had their own show on TLC, cancelled now, but Jim Bob had also ran for the senate in Arkansas so I don't know whether to lump this into the hollywood weirdo group or the corrupt lying cheatin republican politican class.

I don't watch the Duggar show nor do I care to watch. As a matter of fact, I watch very few Christian shows, the only ones being Hal Lindsey and Jack Van Impe. They get to the point and correlate with the Bible-which I should read more. The other shows (literal shows) on TV that purport to be Christian are in dire need of salvation but that is subjective and up to the viewer. I would go on but we were talking about Democrat politicians.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't watch the Duggar show nor do I care to watch. As a matter of fact, I watch very few Christian shows, the only ones being Hal Lindsey and Jack Van Impe. They get to the point and correlate with the Bible-which I should read more. The other shows (literal shows) on TV that purport to be Christian are in dire need of salvation but that is subjective and up to the viewer. I would go on but we were talking about Democrat politicians.
Actually, we were discussing Obimbo having an ice cream and you brought up an unrelated Florida politician out of the clear blue.
See what I did there? :)

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Your knowledge is obviously quite limited. You didn't even look at the video that was posted.

I had previously watched his speech on TV. My comments were primarily to the optic of B HO going down on that ice cream cone.

I am pretty sure that even a genius with unlimited knowledge such as you would realize that the president is “obviously” going to do “something” on Memorial Day. The point is not what he doing but how he is not doing what needs to be done. Obama giving a gratuitous speech trying to sell his false narrative of the Islamist being on the run is naturally expected. The licking of a cone was just the finishing touch for liberal erections.

To this, B HO does make a good speech. But (again) his timing to use this speech to announce that we are at the end of a ground war when his military advisors are saying we are in the most dangerous of times was somewhat silly. Added to the White House trying to sell that we are “winning” after Ramadi falls, why not lick an ice cream cone? Even my limited knowledge tells me that there will be mindless toadies gushing and fawning over such as well as making childish deflections away from Obama and his merry band of incompetents.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I had previously watched his speech on TV. My comments were primarily to the optic of B HO going down on that ice cream cone.

I am pretty sure that even a genius with unlimited knowledge such as you would realize that the president is “obviously” going to do “something” on Memorial Day. The point is not what he doing but how he is not doing what needs to be done. Obama giving a gratuitous speech trying to sell his false narrative of the Islamist being on the run is naturally expected. The licking of a cone was just the finishing touch for liberal erections.

To this, B HO does make a good speech. But (again) his timing to use this speech to announce that we are at the end of a ground war when his military advisors are saying we are in the most dangerous of times was somewhat silly. Added to the White House trying to sell that we are “winning” after Ramadi falls, why not lick an ice cream cone? Even my limited knowledge tells me that there will be mindless toadies gushing and fawning over such as well as making childish deflections away from Obama and his merry band of incompetents.
Which is it?

Latest posts

Top Bottom