Department of Corrections Boss Accidental Discharge in office

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, there’s a video floating around of an officer in a police department lobby that his Sig P320 fired while in the holster and nothing touching the trigger.
8c1dd51150d240b5-1-938x1024.png

Couldn't resist! :rollingla

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He was probably practicing his quick draw in the mirror in his office. 😂
Friend of mine back in high school bought a Ruger Single Six and a western style holster. Thought he would try to be a quick draw expert. Practiced in front of the dresser mirror in his bedroom. He left the unloaded pistol on the dresser. A couple days later came back to practice again and put a round through the mirror, through the sheet rock into the living room, finally lodging in the sheet rock on the opposite side of the living room where people were congregated. Nobody hit or hurt.
He didn't check the cylinder for loaded rounds. As the story finally unfolded, his younger brother removed the pistol from the holster, went to the river to shoot and returned the pistol to the holster with a full load in the cylinder.
Check that chamber!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remember the Remington you’re talking about. I thought it had something to do with the defective safety. After chambered a round then putting it on safe.
That's correct. Remington 700's. I had one, but never experienced that issue although it was in the list of guns to be returned on a recall. I hated the trigger anyway as it was in the era of the non-adjustable lawyer triggers, so just replaced it with a Timney on my dime.

Latest posts

Top Bottom