Desert Eagle .357 Magnum

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Just from the very few times that I pulled the trigger on a .357 and .41 mag DE.............. I'd rather just have a .45 Rowland and leave the other two for the revolvers.

Z71

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeh..I actually own one...son in law has it for the time being. Something to remember about a .357 mag DE is that it will only work with full power 158gr jacketed ammo.

Will not be reliable with light bullets or lesser loads. Lead bullets are a no-no because of the gas operated design.

scalawag pimp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To me the DE will always be a .50 but I would think a 44 mag would work. Lot of gun for the .357 but since I have not shot one, i'll have to defer to those that have. I love the .357 round and have many revolvers. I also had a coonan. Couldnt wait to own one then didnt care for it at all. It was VERY picky about ammo and had it back at coonan twice for repair.

D V US

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The thing I remember most about it other than the weight was mine had a trigger pull like one of those toy guns that shoot sparks when you pull the trigger and get that little wheel spinning. Those of you who grew up before the 80's know what I'm talking about.

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dad has a gloss black with 24k gold accents version in .357 Mag. I've shot it a few times. I own a satin nickel .50 AE. They are just a novelty. The recoil isn't that bad because they are so heavy. Each caliber is designed to run specific weight ammo. I wouldn't buy anything other than a .44 or .50. They will be the easier ones to resell in the future. I don't think I've fired mine in 10 years. Now that I've seen this thread, I may dig it out and take it to the range today.

Latest posts

Top Bottom