DHS/FBI: "Large Amounts" of weapons may indicate terrorist activities.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Taken in the context of illegal possession of such weapons and ammo, as is the point of the bulletin, that is a large cache and should be a cause for concern.

The bulletin notes that legal/Constitutional possession is not to be used as grounds for reporting of a "cache" or suspected terrorist activity.

True, but you're relying on the agencies noted to determine "innocent behaviors". It's a matter of trust. How much faith and trust do you put in those in these agencies?

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
True, but you're relying on the agencies noted to determine "innocent behaviors". It's a matter of trust. How much faith and trust do you put in those in these agencies?

Quite a bit actually. And its not just a matter of trust, its a matter of law (note the example of someone being pulled over and arrested for illegal firearms possession. They weren't arrested for the cache, they were arrested because they weren't even allowed to possess whatever they had).

I typically don't engage in illegal behavior that would result in law enforcement action which would subsequently lead to the "discovery" of my cache. My cache is not illegal, and the bulletin does not say my cache is illegal. This bulletin does not establish policy or law concerning caches that contradicts the law.

This bulletin speaks to the up channeling and reporting of information that could be used by people who are tasked with gathering intel to help piece together essential elements of information that could uncover terrorist plans in America, I don't know like maybe a domestic copy of the recent mall attack in Nairobi? Therefore this bulletin does not cause me concern.

I see nothing wrong with an agency pointing out that illegal possession of large amount of arms and ammunition could be indicative of potential terrorist pre-operational planning/preparation, and asking for incidents of discovery to be reported to other agencies....because its the smart thing to do.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I typically don't engage in illegal behavior that would result in law enforcement action which would subsequently lead to the "discovery" of my cache.

Again, true - but neither did any of those that had their doors kicked in in botched raids with wrong warrant address, etc. I know of no arrests stemming from the debacle in Boston following the marathon bombing, but forced searches could turn up evidence of "possible terrorist activities", particularly in an atmosphere already heightened by previous events. Nothing I have is illegal, either, nor is any of my activities. But one wrong address, one mistaken entry, and I could be under suspicion. I understand the intent of the memo, but I also understand the turns it could take, too.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've seen more than that go to the range for an all day fun shoot.

yeah.

guess I'd be in lotsa trouble.

i44.tinypic.com_10eqzb5.jpg

Dave

Latest posts

Top Bottom