Diamondback DB380 & DB9

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cooljeff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Whats the word on the street about these pistols does anyone have real world experience with them not I watched a video and this is what I think?
I have had a diamondback 9mm. It wouldn't feed reliably for anything, cleaned it really good, blew out firing on channel, deburred it and everything. Still would not feed but maybe 2 rounds at a time before failing to feed.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Even though I don't own one, I've heard a great deal about the Diamondbacks, all bad. A number of SCCY owners are former Diamondback owners who switched. Yes, the SCCY has had it's share of issues but I've heard more people give good reports on them than on the DBs.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I watched a video on YouTube where a Kentucky gun shop was touring their factory ( if you want to call it that) and the owner was showing him everything. When he was talking about their new pistol he seemed to not even be knowledgeable on his own product. Probably had no firearm experience. Just in it for the money. It may be just me but the owner acted like a snob to me. One of their so called tests on the pistol was shooting it upside down. Makes me want to run out and buy one since it can shoot upside down. Sarcasm.

nich018

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Even though I don't own one, I've heard a great deal about the Diamondbacks, all bad. A number of SCCY owners are former Diamondback owners who switched. Yes, the SCCY has had it's share of issues but I've heard more people give good reports on them than on the DBs.

I wouldn't buy SCCY or a DB..my 2 cents

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have never owned one. I have heard enough bad things that would really make me think hard about owning one. Especially, since the only reason I would own one is for pocket carry. I have to have a lot of trust if I am going to carry it. My biggest thing is that there are so many other platforms in the same size and caliber that are extremely reliable, and you don't hear about a lot of bad experiences with. They are all really close in price +/- $50..

If one came to me by way of trade I would consider it but before it came part of my EDC I would want 200 flawless rounds before I felt comfortable with it. (Which should be standard practice for a carry gun).

Latest posts

Top Bottom