Dillon Square Deal B Owners

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amadera

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been reloading for a total of 4 years , all on a Lee classic Turret. I shoot competitively so am wanting to increase production and decrease fiddling . The Lee had been pretty good but the " safety prime" system has always been quirky. I can do about 100 rounds an hour and would love to be able to do 300. I only shoot and load .38 special for competition and would keep my Lee for my smaller volume stuff including rifle. Would love a 650 but need the ability to remove the press and store between sessions and space is limited. Due to the way the SDB has to be operated , i.e.; letting go of the handle, I am having doubts about the speed. Would really like to hear from folks that own both presses.<br />
Am I crazy or what? If I buy a progressive, it will be auto-advance. Help!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

chazroh

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have two of them, can easily load 300 in an hour. Your welcome to see one in operation if you'd like

amadera

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have two of them, can easily load 300 in an hour. Your welcome to see one in operation if you'd like

Thanks Charlie! Do you still live in Bixby? I do nowadays. Let
Me know when you have an hour or so and I'll take you up on that!
Saw one in person at 2A, but they wouldn't run it.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you are only loading a single caliber the SDB would be a good choice. If auto-index is mandatory in your selection the only options that I know of are the 650, Hornady LNL AP, and RCBS. And none of them are conducive to mounting and un-mounting for storage at all.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The SDB is a very good machine. I’ve loaded thousands of rounds through one.

It has several cons to consider if you choose the SDB.

The dies for the SDB are proprietary.
You can only load pistol rounds on it.
It does not have a case feeder.

I eventually sold the SDB and got a 650.

Latest posts

Top Bottom