Dishwasher brands good/bad?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hirschkopf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Miele; they are made in Germany. A bit expensive, but I think they are worth it. Ours is going on 15 years old. Had to replace the pump once, but that's been it. Advertised as quieter than a pan of boiling water - pretty close to the truth.

MP43

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My 2004 model Bosch is still going strong after twenty years of use. Are the new ones built as well? I have no idea. But everyone I know who has one seems happy with it.

Chaparral

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bosch top choice, very quiet, installed one in our house and in-laws house

Miele second, but they can be tricky to install

I hear good things of Kitchen Aid

Our old whirlpool is still in use. We bought it new, stand alone on wheels, in about 1995. It was the old style motor and works very well. Never had an issue with it. Sister-in-law has it now, has for last decade. Noisy as the dickens.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Even though we’ve lived in houses with dishwashers for the past 35 years I’ve never used them. We just store stuff in them.
Us also.

We've lived here for over 40 years and the dishwasher has never been used, like my mom did my wife uses it to store onions, potatoes, paper sacks and other things in.

alnpar

Old Truckers Never Die
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just last week, I replaced a Kitchen Aid with Kitchen Aid. My old one was about 25 years old. The new one has real metal inside and less plastic. I also like the third top drawer! Daughter has the new BOSH, Mine is just as quiet and a little bit cheaper.
NOTE:,,, If you have a Fry's food with gas station. Go buy Gift Cards to pay for it at Lowes or Home Depot. And on Friday's you get 4 times the point to get $$$ off for the month!

bushmaster06

Hoist the black flag.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have a Whirlpool. It does it's job, but I don't know how well it would clean crusty stuck on stuff because I scrub everything with a stainless scrubber first. As far as the noise level goes it's pretty quiet, especially with 8 kids drowning everything else out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom