Help!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have looked some things up but not sure what the symptoms are. Have you read the manual all the way through? Is the brake pedal not releasing? Is the gear selector going into neutral? I'm ready to hear what's causing it!

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Haters always gonna hate.
I bet money if Jake boy ever ask for help here, you'll hear nothing but crickets...unless he realigns his attitude and comes across more deserving like @RickN .
Maybe we can start a fund for him to pay for anger management.

I'd help him in a heartbeat and I know lots of others who would do the same. You? Not so much.

You're lucky you get a pass from the mods with all the drunk-posting nonsense you spew.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is the parking brake engaged? Are you moving the release lever to release it? Is the brake/clutch pedal stuck in the down position?

I think i'm looking at the manual for that mower now. Is yours a 6 speed?

Last edited:

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have looked some things up but not sure what the symptoms are. Have you read the manual all the way through? Is the brake pedal not releasing? Is the gear selector going into neutral? I'm ready to hear what's causing it!
Gear selector is working and the brake pedal comes partly up. Everything points to the brake linkage being messed up and not letting the brake release. If nothing else comes up I am going to try working on it again Tuesday after my doc visit.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While I did not donate any funds to this, since it was posted for everyone to view heres my take

First, there is nothing wrong with a mower from a box store. Most are made by MTD, which makes brands such as Gravely, Cub Cadet, Yardman, Yard Machine etc
Craftsman is normally made by AYP. Unless there is a contract I am not aware of where this would have changed.

Take for instance, John Deere, you can find these at several box stores, believe it or not they are real John Deere mowers, shipped to the stores in John Deere crates even.
Now you can purchase these same mowers at a JD dealer, along with more expensive mowers as well. They are warrantied thru JD not the box stores, unless you purchase that wonderful extended warranty.

Any mower can break, no matter how much you pay, thats why there are such things as manufactures warranties and service departments.

Now onto member bashing for asking what some will believe are valid questions. Its un called for. Remember this thread was posted publicly, for everyone to read and comment on. This very easily could have been handled by private message or even phone calls or text message, presuming some of the posters and the OP have each others contact info, which I would presume you do.

I also do not believe its ok to go off on Lowes, or any box store or an employee working for one. I am sure they have a policy in place regarding returns for gas power equipment, was a extended warranty purchased at the time? That employee is going to follow company policy, they are doing their job, ease up, they have enough going on and I assure do not need one more amped up person twisting off trying to set them straight.
With that said, RickN I am glad you got a mower last year, hate to hear you are having issues, it has a warranty, contact the manufacture I am sure they will handle it.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's probably a ground issue??? Mine you have to jiggle and hold the blade engagement lever "just so " for the electric to make the starter go. Loose wire or something, never could figure it out. I just jiggle the lever and turn the key.

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hakuna Matata!
What a wonderful phrase
Hakuna Matata!
Ain't no passing craze
It means no worries
For the rest of your days
It's our problem-free philosophy