Help!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
F me, so sorry rick.
I'll personally buy you a new mower if need be, from a more reputable place.
This feels like my failure from the beginning, this mower has been a schitshow and I feel really bad.
Let me know.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Guys I would rather keep it if it is okay with you guys. The bagger kit is a pain in the butt to get on and I would rather not do it again. I would have had the thing going by now but with the wife and daughters problems I have very little time to mess with it and that is usually after the wife has gone to bed at night. Yes it has had a couple small issues but nothing I can not handle if so much else was not going crazy. I am sure I will have it going in the next few days.

At least I hope so the dogs are about to get lost in the back yard. I am sure I even saw a member of the fuggowe tribe out there this morning. 🤣 🤣 🤣

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

You were told. You chose not to listen because you think you're smarter than everyone else. Let me help you with that, you ain't.

F me, so sorry rick.
I'll personally buy you a new mower if need be, from a more reputable place.
This feels like my failure from the beginning, this mower has been a schitshow and I feel really bad.
Let me know.

You absolutely should be sorry and feel bad. It is your failure. 100% your fault. Money was donated for a specific purchase; a "new mower" so this guy didn't have to have something that was going to require a lot of maintenance. Specifically a new mower. NEW.

Now we find out it was a demo, and a bunch of cash that was donated for a NEW mower wasn't spent on the mower. That's a problem. The terminally flat tire makes sense now. Money was collected for a specific purpose and then it was redirected, by you. That's an issue.

You and you alone are to blame for this. Nobody else. You should absolutely go to a non-box store/local equipment dealer and buy the man a quality built, non-POS mower.

There is a reason this whole sorry affair is known as "Mowergate". That's all on you.

We should have known better because you were involved, but because we wanted to help Rick we looked past your history. It won't happen again. We knew, so it's really our fault. We should have known better. Yes, "mowergate" has been a complete **** show, and it is your fault. It was foolish for anyone to have expected anything different with your involvement.

So yeah, go buy the man a mower.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You were told. You chose not to listen because you think you're smarter than everyone else. Let me help you with that, you ain't.

You absolutely should be sorry and feel bad. It is your failure. 100% your fault. Money was donated for a specific purchase; a "new mower" so this guy didn't have to have something that was going to require a lot of maintenance. Specifically a new mower. NEW.

Now we find out it was a demo, and a bunch of cash that was donated for a NEW mower wasn't spent on the mower. That's a problem. The terminally flat tire makes sense now. Money was collected for a specific purpose and then it was redirected, by you. That's an issue.

You and you alone are to blame for this. Nobody else. You should absolutely go to a non-box store/local equipment dealer and buy the man a quality built, non-POS mower.

There is a reason this whole sorry affair is known as "Mowergate". That's all on you.

We should have known better because you were involved, but because we wanted to help Rick we looked past your history. It won't happen again. We knew, so it's really our fault. We should have known better. Yes, "mowergate" has been a complete **** show, and it is your fault. It was foolish for anyone to have expected anything different with your involvement.

I was told by several who all had different ideas. I asked Rick himself and got him what he asked for. I didnt redirect money at all. I did what Rick wanted and that Lowes is like a mile from Ricks house and we agreed that would make delivery that much easier. Then after the fact, a buddy who manages a large Lowes warehouse, informed me of the incompetence in that store.
No one suggested I go to somewhere like Smith Farm and garden or the like, I was getting suggestions to buy used from FB Marketplace, which I knew would be a crapshoot.
The mower was not a demo, not sure where you got that idiotic idea but Lowes doesnt sell demos.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was told by several who all had different ideas. I asked Rick himself and got him what he asked for. I didnt redirect money at all. I did what Rick wanted and that Lowes is like a mile from Ricks house and we agreed that would make delivery that much easier. Then after the fact, a buddy who manages a large Lowes warehouse, informed me of the incompetence in that store.
No one suggested I go to somewhere like Smith Farm and garden or the like, I was getting suggestions to buy used from FB Marketplace, which I knew would be a crapshoot.
The mower was not a demo, not sure where you got that idiotic idea but Lowes doesnt sell demos.

Yeah, that's not true. It fact it's a bold face lie.

I told you and so did at least one other to not buy from a box store, but again, you're the smartest guy in the room.

Was all the money spent on a mower? All of it? Was ALL of the money that was donated for a mower spent on a mower, or was some of it converted to cash? You can answer, and you can lie again, but we all know the truth because it's been posted here. Again, that's an issue. Converting donations for a specific reason in to cash is a problem. In the right circumstances people go to jail for that ****.

Rick, said it wasn't under warranty, because it was a demo. Look it up.

Yep, clay purchased what Rick wanted. Mainly because it will go through a standard gate opening. I think that was the biggest factor. It’s a minor setback.

Rick requested a "type" and "size". I don't recall him asking for a POS that is constantly broken down.

Again, the point of the donations were to buy a disabled guy a solid piece of equipment. That didn't happen.

It isn't a minor setback. The thing has been ****ed up since you took it to him. From day one.

Lucky

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Sir if you was so knowledgeable on what we needed to buy, why didn’t you step up to plate and drive. A lot of folks on here done the best they could with what they had to work with. Also went out there way to help him. While other folks set on there ass on sideline an judge that BS. I respect everyone opinion but Sir you are completely out of line.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sir if you was so knowledgeable on what we needed to buy, why didn’t you step up to plate and drive. A lot of folks on here done the best they could with what they had to work with. Also went out there way to help him. While other folks set on there ass on sideline an judge that BS. I respect everyone opinion but Sir you are completely out of line.
Totally out of line. For a small residential lawn a big box mower is just fine. It would be silly to go to one of the high end stores and buy a nicer mower when it's being donated. He's not running a landscaping business. Anything can have issues.

Latest posts

Top Bottom