DNA Evidence Clears TX Man Who Spent 30 Years in Prison

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perrone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i'm glad nothing happens to you that you can't control. I'm all for knowing who your friends truly are, but knowing bad people isn't a crime. Wrong place, wrong time shouldn't mean this man spent 30 years in prison for something he didn't do.

+1

You think you know people. You never really know people as well as you think you do.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sure its some kind of scam to let murder's and rapest back into the streets

:) gotta love our goverment for opaning old cases and wasting more money reviewing such things.

there found guilty once. If he didnt want to go to jail he should have never been wereever he was or associated with those kinds of people.

Hitting the bottle early today? :rolleyes2

redneck1861

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
there found guilty once. If he didnt want to go to jail he should have never been wereever he was or associated with those kinds of people.

Wow really? I think that your post on this thread are the worst ones I have ever read.

So what your saying is the next time there is a bank robbery or something, all of the people that are in the bank at the time deserve to go to prison just because they were in the bank at the time?

Perrone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow really? I think that your post on this thread are the worst ones I have ever read.

So what your saying is the next time there is a bank robbery or something, all of the people that are in the bank at the time deserve to go to prison just because they were in the bank at the time?

That's pretty much what he said..." shouldn't have been wereever he was". So beware folks. Where ever you are right now.....get away from it because you shouldn't be there. Crime could happen there.

redneck1861

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's pretty much what he said..." shouldn't have been wereever he was". So beware folks. Where ever you are right now.....get away from it because you shouldn't be there. Crime could happen there.

Lol.

But that guy that spent 30 years in prison for something He did not do deffinately deserves some kind of compensation, but nothing will give him his life back.

That had to be hard on him, sitting in prison for most of his life and he really knows that he was innocent

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the minimum they should have ot pay him is $250,000 per year in jail tax free. That should go for any person in any stare the in USA.

We need to set a state/federal minimum for what those states have to pay when it is found out the person was in jail on a wrong conviction, then we also need to look at the innocent people that were executed and see what their familes should be compensated as well.

Perrone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lol.

But that guy that spent 30 years in prison for something He did not do deffinately deserves some kind of compensation, but nothing will give him his life back.

That had to be hard on him, sitting in prison for most of his life and he really knows that he was innocent

Well he shouldn't have been where he was. Sucks to be him.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
DALLAS – A Texas man declared innocent Tuesday after 30 years in prison could have cut short his prison stint twice and made parole — if only he would admit he was a sex offender. But Cornelius Dupree Jr. refused to do so, doggedly maintaining his innocence in a 1979 rape and robbery, in the process serving more time for a crime he didn't commit than any other Texas inmate exonerated by DNA evidence.

"Whatever your truth is, you have to stick with it," Dupree, 51, said Tuesday, minutes after a Dallas judge overturned his conviction.

Nationally, only two others exonerated by DNA evidence spent more time in prison, according to the Innocence Project, a New York legal center that specializes in wrongful conviction cases and represented Dupree. James Bain was wrongly imprisoned for 35 years in Florida, and Lawrence McKinney spent more than 31 years in a Tennessee prison.

Dupree was sentenced to 75 years in prison in 1980 for the rape and robbery of a 26-year-old Dallas woman a year earlier. He was released in July on mandatory supervision, and lived under house arrest until October. About a week after his release, DNA test results came back proving his innocence in the sexual assault.

A day after his release, Dupree married his fiancee, Selma. The couple met two decades ago while he was in prison.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110104/ap_on_re_us/us_dna_exoneration_texas

redneck1861

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
DALLAS – A Texas man declared innocent Tuesday after 30 years in prison could have cut short his prison stint twice and made parole — if only he would admit he was a sex offender. But Cornelius Dupree Jr. refused to do so, doggedly maintaining his innocence in a 1979 rape and robbery, in the process serving more time for a crime he didn't commit than any other Texas inmate exonerated by DNA evidence.

"Whatever your truth is, you have to stick with it," Dupree, 51, said Tuesday, minutes after a Dallas judge overturned his conviction.

That shows that he has honor and more self respect than some people, never admitting to something that he didn't do

Latest posts

Top Bottom