Do any of you hunt deer on WMA areas?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teumessian_fox

Marksman
Reaction score
That was miserable and I wil never do that again. I bought a cart from bass pro and love it.

May I ask what the spokes on the wheels are made of? I ask because I've heard of plastic spokes breaking. How long have you owned this and which one did you buy? Do you roll it in and then roll it back out? Or do you pack it in? Cause their website says those things weigh around 30 pounds. That's 30 pounds for the cart, 8 pounds for the rifle, 12 pounds for the stand, etc.

bigcountryok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
May I ask what the spokes on the wheels are made of? I ask because I've heard of plastic spokes breaking. How long have you owned this and which one did you buy? Do you roll it in and then roll it back out? Or do you pack it in? Cause their website says those things weigh around 30 pounds. That's 30 pounds for the cart, 8 pounds for the rifle, 12 pounds for the stand, etc.

I had one with the plastic spokes and they broke when I was crossing a creek with a 125lb buck and 80lb doe loaded on it. I rigged up my own steel spoke wheels and it works great now.

I typically leave the cart behind until I get one. Depending on the hit and the temp I may or may not dress the deer right there and hang it, then mark it with my GPS and go get the cart.

One benefit of the cart on public land is that it does not leave as much of a drag trail for others to follow back to the spot you got your deer at.

jmiller45

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I don't remember the brand but it was on sale for $69. It has big wheels with metal spokes. I leave it at the truck or ditch it somewhere and go back for it if I need it. It's also nice if you want to take a stand in and whatever else gear you have.

Survivor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't had a lease or hunted private land in several years so its WMA all the way. Never been easy but I enjoy every minute I get to hunt even in the many hard times when I've never seen any deer or er I'm hunting.

Been hunting now over 33 years and it doesn't matter if In ever take another animal, just being there is reward enough.

dyabolical

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does any one else take a small trash bag with them on public land so you can pick up trash left by the a-holes on your way back to the truck?

That is something my grandpa started with me years back when i first started hunting gruber/cherokee.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does any one else take a small trash bag with them on public land so you can pick up trash left by the a-holes on your way back to the truck?

That is something my grandpa started with me years back when i first started hunting gruber/cherokee.

Well, Don't hunt on WMA's any more, but when my family camped on the COE camp grounds, we always left our site cleaner than before we got there.
Amazing how many cig butts the butt holes leave behind.........:nono1:

Flip em into the grass, and they don't count???

Latest posts

Top Bottom