Do any of you hunt deer on WMA areas?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does any one else take a small trash bag with them on public land so you can pick up trash left by the a-holes on your way back to the truck?

That is something my grandpa started with me years back when i first started hunting gruber/cherokee.

I don't hunt on public land very often, but I do this everytime I float the river. Usually end up with a canoe full of trash by the end of the trip.

kcatto

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got hurt in august 2008 and I have not shot a rifle big enough to take a deer since then.... But I have hunted every year... just go out and sit in the woods like I have done since I was a kid with grandpa, dad and brother.... Sure is therapeutic.... BTW I still carry my 30-06, never know when that once in a lifetime will come by....

backspur

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does any one else take a small trash bag with them on public land so you can pick up trash left by the a-holes on your way back to the truck?

That is something my grandpa started with me years back when i first started hunting gruber/cherokee.

I have to haul out trash all too often while duck hunting. It seems some people don't think shotgun hulls are trash, or old batteries, or coffe cups, or ... These people make me upset.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This.

These spots are why I hunt with an AR - its super-light and carries easily out of the way. I also carry a pack with me (snacks, gutting kit, toilet paper, deer-hauling harness, carcass tags, water, stash of extra gloves, a liner for my jacket, knife-sharpener, extra AR mags, gps (to mark new spots I find that are out of the way and I plug them into Google Earth later because the WMA's maps suck), compass, head-light and extra flash light). I carry a lot of stuff, but I stay out for a long time in there because I see deer at all sorts of odd times when the Idiots show up at 7:45 AM, make a bunch of noise, and then leave at 9:30 because they're bored - that makes my 4:30 AM start so I can hike 45 mins and get to my spot a little worthless if I don't wait it out for the late-morning / afternoon deer to come around.

Your backpack contents are the same as mine with exception of the GPS.

Haven't hunted WMA's for a couple of years and refused to hunt one during gun season, in the Kaw area, but the archery, and MZ season are relativly open.

Latest posts

Top Bottom