Do we have an Employment thread yet?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last edited:

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why do companies lay off around Christmas? That appears to be a trend and is the very worst time to tell a family that there won’t be presents this year.
Too expensive to let a guy work through the holidays and then just lay them off afterwards. Employees typically take the most time off during that time of year, it’s the slowest time of the year unless you’re in retail. Employees taking time off not only means that you’re short staffed, but that you have to pay more money for OT to cover the guys taking vacations. You have to pay holiday pay. Let somebody go just before thanksgiving, that’s at least 3 paid holidays and likely several days of vacation you don’t have to worry about paying for during the slowest time of the year. Plus you don’t have to worry about bonuses, more mouths to feed at corporate holiday parties, and starting a new calendar/tax year with an employee you’re about to write off anyways.

Probably the shiddiest thing ever, but it’s the harsh reality of a profit driven system. I frankly hate working for corporations because of it, but I can’t deal with being in business for myself at the moment.

ClintC

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The company is going to use more sub containers then there own people. I can keep my job but would have to go to work for a sub contractor. I would also loose about $10.00 a hour in pay. I’m not going to accept that lower pay rate. If I could be closer to home or live at home and drive to work. That wouldn’t be bad and the loss of pay would be worth it. I got a couple of choices but they all invalve travel. 6 to 8 weeks on 1 week off. Been in the military and now travel for work.

Latest posts

Top Bottom