Transporting Seniors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A lot of good ideas! 😂😂 But I’m trying to maintain my Christian disposition throughout this process. 😉 I wasn't sure if there were transportation services?? 😬 You know how we all….well most of us have that little filter that tells our mouths not to say what we’re really thinking? Hers is broken!! She also has incontinence issues and it’s not unheard of for her to blow through her Depends under-briches. Yikes!

Pennyless

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Good question. This is not so much a vacation trip but what’s the most expeditious and comfortable way to get her from point “A” to point “B”. She’s one sharp tongued old gal and I’d prefer as little time possible spent trapped in a tight space receiving endless insults.
Amtrak tickets plus benadryl smoothie (not a doctor but I'm sure it's fine)

Pennyless

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
A lot of good ideas! 😂😂 But I’m trying to maintain my Christian disposition throughout this process. 😉 I wasn't sure if there were transportation services?? 😬 You know how we all….well most of us have that little filter that tells our mouths not to say what we’re really thinking? Hers is broken!! She also has incontinence issues and it’s not unheard of for her to blow through her Depends under-briches. Yikes!
I mean if you enough got cash to spend you can get anything done. Medlink does long distance Elder transport where they are "Treated Like Family™", whatever that means:

https://medic-trans.com/long-distance-senior-transportation/

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never done it myself but some friends traveled from Oregon to Kansas City by Amtrak. Then rented a vehicle to come to Western Oklahoma. That was something that never crossed my mind but has peaked my interest. Thinking about doing that when the wife and I travel to Oregon for a visit.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never done it myself but some friends traveled from Oregon to Kansas City by Amtrak. Then rented a vehicle to come to Western Oklahoma. That was something that never crossed my mind but has peaked my interest. Thinking about doing that when the wife and I travel to Oregon for a visit.
From western OK, I think I would go to NM to catch a westbound SW Chief to LA then the Coast Starlight To OR. Ocean views heading north in CA.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Be Quiet Carbonaro Effect GIF by truTV

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you are looking for expeditious, then team driving straight through with 2 or 3 drivers might be the answer.
As far as space goes, maybe compare the cost of renting something roomy vs the cost of gas and wear and tear on your own vehicle.
Rent a mini van. Easy to inter/exit. Plenty of room to stretch out possibly even lay down. Good gas mileage, and readily available to rent

Latest posts

Top Bottom