Do you care?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiasman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nope. It needs to happen, and its just a start. Welcome to the real world, "public servants". I wish you no ill will, but the private sector deals with this sort of thing all the time.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does anybody understand that the gov budget is 3.something trillion per year? The sequestration is only some billion number, (I don't know what it is) but it would only fund the goverment for a few days. Its nothing! Its another democratic "crisis" to influence public opinion. We just had another "crisis" a few months ago. People are going to starve, children can't eat in school, welfare is going to take a major hit.

This same retoric has been going on for thirty years! The manufacturered crisis to make the voters panic is nothing other than political ********.

As has been said its Obama himself that brought this on! I"m sure he requested it for the shock value, so the dems could gain some bargaining power for something else and the spineless Republicans will fold as usual.

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The primary target of sequestration is the DOD, you'll notice there's no talk of cutting so-called entitlements.

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fact is, this is probably too little too late, and if these small reductions in growth are too much for Americans to swallow then it's over. The question isn't if the government will fail, it just a question of when.

“The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.”

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fact is, this is probably too little too late, and if these small reductions in growth are too much for Americans to swallow then it's over. The question isn't if the government will fail, it just a question of when.

“The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.”

I agree, especially when half the fed spending is untouchable for now.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not going to bash those that will get hurt by the sequestration but are these same people that will be furloughed once a month or whatever it is; aren't they normally a federal or state employee? If so, why complain when you already have the best pension and benefits our money can buy you? Someone on here said they will lose 20% of their pay for 6 months? How so?

We are being sent home for 1 day per week for 22 weeks. That is a 20% cut. As for the comment about having the best benefits, mind telling me what is so great about them? I have to pay into the same bankrupt social security as everyone else, my 401k is no different than anyone else, my Blue Cross doesn't cover hardly anything yet still costs me $500/month, when taxes go up, so do mine.

Another thing that people don't realize is that some of us train soldiers how to do their job. If we are gone 1 day a week there are not enough military folks in our unit to cover down for us and the student's time of instruction will not be extended, so there will be soldiers going overseas that are not fully trained. I pray none of them get hurt or killed because of this.

Latest posts

Top Bottom