Plumbing inspectors re rural location?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScottW

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I’m a former city inspector. The Construction Industry Board (CIB) has jurisdiction state wide. Some counties have permit and inspection requirements. Many but not cities and towns have permit and inspection requirements. Contact CIB and they will assist you.

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I built my rural compound in Osage County we just started building. Eventually someone from the county came to the job site and said we needed a building permit. He allowed the guys to keep working while I went to Pawhuska to get one. There the main thing they cared about was the $$ for the permit which I later figured out would also serve to notify the tax man that I had improvements and he needed to reassess. They also mentioned something about a perk test but I was using an aerobic mulching toilet and grey water was being filtered through the earth so that wasn't necessary. I personally would never invite in a government entity where they weren't asking to be.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My county doesnt have inspectors but yours may be different so should check your county, i have never had to deal with it but i know when dad had his new septic tank and lateral lines put in for his new house the state came and done a inspection for a perk test dont know if they came back to check the work or not. Also you could check with your ins company and see if they know of a inspector.

Septic does have CODE and require inspection.

General plumbing does not require an inspection. If you are wanting peace of mind, call a plumber and ask for a once over.

Propane company would be the one to inspect and approve propane lines.

Once you get out of incorporated city limits, life becomes much more simplified.

Latest posts

Top Bottom