Plumbing inspectors re rural location?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
State law requires all buildings, homes, etc,, meet national building codes by law!! not saying it gets done!! outside a city falls on state inspectors. again yes its law does it get done probably not!! dad did mostly Rual. homes!!

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I build a cabin on some property I owned, bought the permit, plumbed, wired and did the entire deal and no one came out from the country, state or anywhere. I did make a mistake by omitting a P trap but worked that out.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Whoever delivers your propane will inspect for leaks typically at no cost if repairs/upgrades were made. Might be worth getting your tank filled and ask them to inspect for leaks.

1911DA

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
:madbox::finger: I live in far northwest OKC and had to replace one of my water heaters a few years ago. Got a plumber and he pulled a permit put in the water heater and everythings ok and working. Called in for an inspection and crickets. Like everyone one else the less to do with the guberment is a good thing so l kept waiting on the "inspector" who finally showed up at my door without any notice and "demanded" to inspect the installation ........so ok there it is. It passed and Wilber signed it off and being a smart ass l asked him why it took so long and the reply was we are busy so l said you're busy but me and my family have been at risk waiting on your sorry asses..........he got a huffy as l walked him to his truck.

Have had to replace both water heaters since then but I'm not paying for a permit (tax) to have hot water .............fukem.......

Flame Away IDGAF

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I build a cabin on some property I owned, bought the permit, plumbed, wired and did the entire deal and no one came out from the country, state or anywhere. I did make a mistake by omitting a P trap but worked that out.
nobody just comes out.. you or your contractors are required by law to inspect.. BUT nobody does most the time.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
:madbox::finger: I live in far northwest OKC and had to replace one of my water heaters a few years ago. Got a plumber and he pulled a permit put in the water heater and everythings ok and working. Called in for an inspection and crickets. Like everyone one else the less to do with the guberment is a good thing so l kept waiting on the "inspector" who finally showed up at my door without any notice and "demanded" to inspect the installation ........so ok there it is. It passed and Wilber signed it off and being a smart ass l asked him why it took so long and the reply was we are busy so l said you're busy but me and my family have been at risk waiting on your sorry asses..........he got a huffy as l walked him to his truck.

Have had to replace both water heaters since then but I'm not paying for a permit (tax) to have hot water .............fukem.......

Flame Away IDGAF
even in big cities they have way more than they can inspect most of the time... ive gotten green tags before we even started the job inspector would say be sure and call so ill know your done and record it!!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom