Do you consider cover and concealment?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LtCCMPUnit42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have read a lot about being prepared. How many of you consider proper use of cover (something that will stop a bullet) and concealment(something that will make you a harder target, but won't stop a bullet)? Do you practice firing from cover, odd positions, low light, or at moving targets?
Lets hear about it.:chat:

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know were my engine block is .....

Houses are a little harder. Furniture that's full of stuff works better length-wise. Based on junk yard fun... 9mm and 223 go right through an empty refrigerator. Dry wall? A lucky shot and you get perforated... if you can be seen or not.

How you use cover and concealment is usually the difference between the guy who wins and comes in 2nd during a gunfight

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Constantly. That's a lot of what we do in IDPA. When out in the world, I automatically scan for blind spots, hard cover and whatnot. :)

well, I shoot a lot of IPSC, so I dont need to worry about that stuff; I trains to hit em hard and fast, and surprise em with my good looks and some 45acp.

prdator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
well, I shoot a lot of IPSC, so I dont need to worry about that stuff; I trains to hit em hard and fast, and surprise em with my good looks and some 45acp.

Sorry to tell ya buddy but your SOL on the looks part.. :comfort:

and my Glock fouty is better than your .45..

Okay back on track. yea I always look for concealment then cover.

Latest posts

Top Bottom