Do you do it naked?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A.J.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wound up with a few pair of those shoulder length gloves bumping up my order total at Sportsman's guide. I think they'll be real handy if you have to field dress a deer in very cold conditions. They look like they're big enough to go over my coat sleeves.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wound up with a few pair of those shoulder length gloves bumping up my order total at Sportsman's guide. I think they'll be real handy if you have to field dress a deer in very cold conditions. They look like they're big enough to go over my coat sleeves.

They will. And you can get them at veterinary supply places also.

jmiller45

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Definately where gloves if I got em'. But if I don't no big deal, just not as easy to clean up. There's nothing better than freezing your a$$ off hunting, killing a deer, and then warmin' up in that good ol' warm blood!

300WSM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Usually dont use gloves, is there a possibility to get something from a deer if you have an open wound and cut the brains or spinal fluid? As far as warming your hands, i like a saying by a boss of mine from kentucky, "theres nothing better than a steaming gut pile".

oneshotonekill

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Usually dont use gloves, is there a possibility to get something from a deer if you have an open wound and cut the brains or spinal fluid? .

Chronic Wasting Disease is the deer and elk version of mad cow. While I don't think it has been anywhere in OK ( too lazy to go google it) I just try not to take that risk. The prions ( misfolded proteins) that are highly suspected to be the cause concentrate themselves in the CNS (Brain and spinal cord). In theory if you killed a deer that was carrying these prions and had a cut on your hand and went digging in its brains they could enter your blood stream. Of course there is the whole genetic issue about how likely you are to develop CJD (creutzfeldt-jakob disease) which is the human form of the disease.

Sorry for the wall of text. Basically it comes down to once I learn all of this wonderfully depressing stuff I can't unlearn and it will make you a little paranoid about some things.

Latest posts

Top Bottom