Do you have a dream hunt in your future?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Survivor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is there a hunt or two that you have dreamed about doing and is on your bucket list? If so what & where is it? How long before you can do it? What will be your weapon? Is it guided or a do it yourself hunt? Will you have to take out a mortgage loan to fund it?

No need to answer anything more than you want us to know, but I thought this might give someone who might not have a dream hunt yet an idea or two.

Jeremiah

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since I'm new to hunting my list is pretty easy, but it seems like the more I get to do, the more I want to hunt.
Right now my dream hunt is to actually see a deer when I'm not in my car.
After that I would like to try hog hunting.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife gave me an Alaska Hunting trip with a $6,000 budget for my 50th birthday. Only problem was, I had just bought a new shop building to expand my business and about a month later, the economy tanked. I had the project going and finished it up anyway but I have just not felt responsible about taking that much money out of the budget till I have the business going better where it can run without me. Right now, I just need to be there but I am going to take the trip in a couple years if my plans work out. I am thinking Caribou or Moose with some fishing thrown in too. I did get away to NM to hunt elk a couple weeks this fall but when I got back, my office help told me he would never run the place with me gone again for that length of time. Oh well....things always change.

two-click

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Brown or Grizzly bear Alaska.guided.325 wsm.I'm hoping the company I work for will offer a retirement package w/ a little cash and I'm on my way,Good Lord willing.I've been blessed to have been able to go the places I've already gone,but I sure would like to do this one.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A spot and stalk Mulie hunt in the Sonora Desert of Mexico during the rut (rifle) has edged out an Alaskan/Yukon moose hunt (bow) for my #1 dream hunt.
I've wanted to do the Mexican mulie hunt for years, since I read an article about it that facinated me. The food/culture/challenge/Mexican tracker's skill and the chance at a huge buck sounds like a blast.

I also would not mind bowhunting Coues deer, and bowhunting whitetails in the Corn Belt. A tough pack in elk hunt in the Rockies would be fun too. The kind where they make you wish you were dead. I'd like to do some hardcore hunts.

It would also be cool to be an invited guest to some of the old school deer camps in places like Maine, the UP, Wisconsin...etc. Lots of hunting history there, I think it would be righteous to open gun season in a place like that. That's not really something feasible though, unless you are a writer or something.

When? Not soon enough. Dad and I are hoping to do a tough one in a few years, before he gets decrepit. :D I hope to do one of the big ones in my life, then some DIY bowhunts on public land in other states might be the extent of my hunting journeys. That would suit me.

358norma

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So many hunts, so little money.....

Dream hunt#1 Africa, either South Africa, or Zimbabwe, Cape Buff. , 416Rem custom, plains game with 300wby

Dream Hunt#2 Canada NWT, Stone Sheep, custom ulralite 284

Dream Hunt#3 Alaska, Moose, Caribou combo float hunt, unguided, custom 358Norma. This will come in the next couple of years if I can quit building new rifles.

Latest posts

Top Bottom