Do you have little signs all over your house?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
upload_2021-2-10_14-45-59.png

Or
upload_2021-2-10_14-46-45.png

I would like one that also said. If I could afford new efficient windows. I would have already bought them now get the #$% off my porch.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's been proven that people respond to the furnishings and display of crap like a fancy hotel rather than looking at the house itself and imagining themselves living in it with their stuff. That's why I hate those sell my house shows. Granted, some of them need cleaned really bad and some need some rooms that were painted black painted into a neutral color mostly to be able to see the room.

One show has people crawling through the house for sale with hidden cameras recording every negative thing these small minded people say. The owners then get busy rehabbing the home making it sterile and devoid of anything personal like photos and such.

They take small tables and cover them placing a chair with a floor lamp next to them calling it a reading nook. They remove the TV or rearrange the furniture that was centered to the TV to be centered to the fireplace (as a focal point) because it plays upon the emotions of the prospective buyer.

As you pointed out, people like the Hobby Lobby happy place words strewn about the house because that's what they see when they watch these shows or stay in hotels or B and B's.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have a mat outside that says "Welcome," but it faces the door so you can read it as ya leave... :D

Seriously. The fake grass has a tendency to lift up on that side, so I turned it around and pushed it against the door step to keep from tripping over it. Need to squirt some silicone caulk in it.
:drunk2:

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's been proven that people respond to the furnishings and display of crap like a fancy hotel rather than looking at the house itself and imagining themselves living in it with their stuff. That's why I hate those sell my house shows. Granted, some of them need cleaned really bad and some need some rooms that were painted black painted into a neutral color mostly to be able to see the room.

One show has people crawling through the house for sale with hidden cameras recording every negative thing these small minded people say. The owners then get busy rehabbing the home making it sterile and devoid of anything personal like photos and such.

They take small tables and cover them placing a chair with a floor lamp next to them calling it a reading nook. They remove the TV or rearrange the furniture that was centered to the TV to be centered to the fireplace (as a focal point) because it plays upon the emotions of the prospective buyer.

As you pointed out, people like the Hobby Lobby happy place words strewn about the house because that's what they see when they watch these shows or stay in hotels or B and B's.

In our Summer work gigs, we stay in hotels the whole time we are out working. We've never seen any little signs like that in our stays.

As for our home, living in an RV doesn't leave one much room for signs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom