Do you mount your deer?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you mount your deer

• Total voters

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let me explain a little better...

Everyone should be shooting for meat first and foremost, but if you do shoot a monster, is it just good deer burger and some monster back straps or is it a wall hanger conversational piece and the meat?

My dad is big into mounted game. I remember having a snow, greater Canadian and speckle-belly in the landing arch in mom and dad's room when I was the age of the little guy to the left. He has a picture of him and a hunting buddy in a barn with 40 coyote pelts hanging from a season's hunt. He has goose head, Deer hoof and elk hoof bookends. He has probably 20 different skulls, turtle shells, 5 different pelts, etc. Many duck mounts. He has coon tails, coyote tails, fox tails. We have a moose antler from my great-uncle. He has probably 20 tanned buckskins. Between me, my Dad and my brother, we have 23 shoulder mounts and probably 40 skull caps (Dad even does spikes that my Mom and my niece have taken) and easily 30 turkey beards. When I was a kid, he had a collection of catfish heads.

So, it is just second nature to me. You hunt. If your lucky you kill. You always take a picture and then you keep a memento of the kill. Granted we don't keep anything from possums, armadillos, skunks or crows.

He even has pictures on the walls of a nice 10 point we had on a game cam that he shot and it was down dragging itself with its front legs after he shot it. He let it sit for 30 minutes and when he started to walk up to it (without his gun) it jumps up when he is 30 yards away and takes off.

T-Money

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My biggest deer is just about a monster (in my books) at 11 points and has a lot of mass with dark chocolate antlers. Hanging on the wall of the living room. Yes, I live in Orange County California and you should see the looks on the wives faces of my friends when they walk in and see it. I have been trying to post a pic on this site since i joined but seems like the site is not allowing me to. Doesn't seem to be a computer problem. I could email it to one of you and you could post for me???

You can email it to me and I can try to post it up here for you. I will PM you my email address.

Istandalone

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just couldn't resist any longer. Mount this!

awww.bumsteer.com_Mvc_182s_small.jpg

T-Money

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My biggest deer is just about a monster (in my books) at 11 points and has a lot of mass with dark chocolate antlers. Hanging on the wall of the living room. Yes, I live in Orange County California and you should see the looks on the wives faces of my friends when they walk in and see it. I have been trying to post a pic on this site since i joined but seems like the site is not allowing me to. Doesn't seem to be a computer problem. I could email it to one of you and you could post for me???

You can email it to me and I can try to post it up here for you. I will PM you my email address.

Here is Parks 788's deer:

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

Latest posts

Top Bottom