Do you mount your deer?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you mount your deer

• Total voters

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think he's a Romanian red neck. :thumbup3: (dang you deleted your thread about the flag)

That's what my wife says. Im definitely different then any Romanian out there, that is due to coming here at 5 years old, I guess. I respect where I was born but Im American all the way. First hunter in my family, first to drive a big truck and go to college too..lol What thread about the flag?

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a few European mounts.
My next 3.5 year old or older buck (rare sight in my woods) will get a shoulder mount.

From then on, every buck will get a European mount at least, and I'll shoulder mount any really big ones (yeah right) or whatever I think would look cool. I actually like European mounts quite a bit, but I want a shoulder mount or two.

I'm pretty much done shooting any buck I wouldn't at least European mount with a gun (pretty much means nothing but 3.5 year or older bucks with the gun nowadays). I'd shoot a dink buck with the bow if I'd been having trouble getting a doe in range, but I can usually stick a doe. Hopefully the few couple years luck holds out on that. And I'd shoot a dink buck with the recurve if given the opportunity.

I'll take a doe for viddles every time and let the baby bucks walk if given any opportunity at all to do so. Unless I get in some kind of huge dry spell, then all bets are off.:wink2:

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My 11 year olds now 13 on the left(2008) and mine on the right(2006) Meat first and foremost, rack is extra.
ai203.photobucket.com_albums_aa250_surjimmy_IMG_0671.jpg
. GET SOME TATER!!!!!

stroker-c10

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hope to if I get a decent one this year, simply because it will be my first bow buck. Other than that, I will only mount ones worth mounting. I would really like my living room walls to look like the walls at my girlfriends dads house.

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

And these three are all ones my girlfriend has shot. From Left to right, first rifle, first muzzleloader, and first bow.

[Broken External Image]

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I mounted this one because I wanted one on the wall for decor....just a representative deer. I have killed several bigger over the years but never done another even though a buddy has offered to do them for free. I just don't have the room for any more on the wall. My office is full of that deer, an elk rack, bear skin, lots of animal skins, wildlife art, etc and there just isn't any more room. If I ever kill a real monster, I will be tempted but it hasn't happened yet. I have trouble letting the little ones go by...LOL.

ai35.photobucket.com_albums_d168_imhntn_Scan_Pic0015.jpg

Istandalone

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's what my wife says. Im definitely different then any Romanian out there, that is due to coming here at 5 years old, I guess. I respect where I was born but Im American all the way. First hunter in my family, first to drive a big truck and go to college too..lol What thread about the flag?
dude posted a question about your flag, then deleted it while I was splaining your heritage. Oh, Welcome to America and Oklahoma.

End of Hi-jack

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My first buck I just have the skull and antlers, need to do a European mount one day with it.

First mount was of a fiarly small 8 point but very symetrical. Looking back I should have let the bugger get a few years older

Second mount was a nice 8 point that I'm proud of and good symetry.

Have a a bunch of antlers and several other Euro mounts.

My biggest deer is just about a monster (in my books) at 11 points and has a lot of mass with dark chocolate antlers. Hanging on the wall of the living room. Yes, I live in Orange County California and you should see the looks on the wives faces of my friends when they walk in and see it. I have been trying to post a pic on this site since i joined but seems like the site is not allowing me to. Doesn't seem to be a computer problem. I could email it to one of you and you could post for me???

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Having the one I shot in ML mounted for the lease cabin, probably won't do another one. Not big into trophey hunting. A monster will get a Euro mount. CB

wiley_coyote

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Always meat first. Nothing better than a nice fat doe in the freezer. I take the wall hangers as I come to them but meat is foremost on my mind. I'll pass on the young bucks and opt for mature does.

Latest posts

Top Bottom