What would you do?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Preacherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did this happen to you, or a hypothetical?
It hasn't happened to me but to a guy I know. Ok, actually my cousin who leases from me to run cattle.

If it happens to me I don't know if I would get upset or just laugh at him. I would advise that I am the land owner and that he does not have permission. I also think that I would already have the sheriff on the way.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It hasn't happened to me but to a guy I know. Ok, actually my cousin who leases from me to run cattle.

If it happens to me I don't know if I would get upset or just laugh at him. I would advise that I am the land owner and that he does not have permission. I also think that I would already have the sheriff on the way.
In today’s world, there’s no way I’d confront a trespasser without being armed, and the first thing I would do is disarm them. People are crazy, and I don’t want getting shot by someone that can’t stay in their own lane to be the way I go out.

Preacherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In today’s world, there’s no way I’d confront a trespasser without being armed, and the first thing I would do is disarm them. People are crazy, and I don’t want getting shot by someone that can’t stay in their own lane to be the way I go out.
I always carry when I'm on my land. I'm not saying that I own what I am carrying but I am carrying. :)

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You walk up to your deer stand on your land and a stranger steps out of your blind and says "this stand is occupied." You then ask who gave you permission to hunt here? He responds "the land owner." You then advise that you are the land owner and he responds "no you are not."

What would you do?
Call the cops.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do not have a cell phone and would have to go home to call or make the trespasser do the calling.
But I would like to hear all of his story first.
Like stated above he could have been scammed.

I know people do it with selling/renting houses.
If you're gonna walk around and confront trespassers, you NEED a cell phone. You can get phones that are relatively cheap, still have a decent camera in them for photographing things like license plates and such, and you just buy minutes as you need them.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are folks on here that will report you for advising destruction of someone’s property. :rolleyes2
Amazing the number of accidental discharges while out walking the fields when one stumbles because of a 'snake hole'. Strange thing about it is that all those spent bullets seem to always end up in things like tire sidewalls or windshields . . . just can't figure it out 🤔

Latest posts

Top Bottom