What would you do?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Preacherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You walk up to your deer stand on your land and a stranger steps out of your blind and says "this stand is occupied." You then ask who gave you permission to hunt here? He responds "the land owner." You then advise that you are the land owner and he responds "no you are not."

What would you do?

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You walk up to your deer stand on your land and a stranger steps out of your blind and says "this stand is occupied." You then ask who gave you permission to hunt here? He responds "the land owner." You then advise that you are the land owner and he responds "no you are not."

What would you do?
Call 911 to perform first aid on the dumb@ss after I beat him about the head, neck, and ears.🤣

Seriously, I’d let the guy explain his position to the game warden.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been there, done that.
Years ago when pheasant hunting with friends, hit our Pond Creek place getting some quail.
We left to go to my buddies place a mile south.
Very isolated area so was surprised to see another vehicle of hunters heading north.
We heard gunshots coming from that area, so loaded our dogs up and headed that way to see 4 guys walking out with a pheasant they had taken.
I asked them if they knew the landowner who gave them permission.
You bet, and produced a hunting lease.
As that is my land, that brought up some big questions. After a call to the area GW we determined that some scammer in Enid was searching non resident property owners on county records and writing up hunting leases.
It was turned over to the county prosecutor. Have no clue how it turned out. You don’t get notified.
Another situation was north of Blackwell in the Braman area.
I was in a stand an hour before daylight when some headlights showed up across the fence and went out. About 20 mins later, some guy started crawling up my ladder.
Betting he crapped his pants when hitting him in the eyes with a flashlight when he topped the ladder.
Said he had permission from the farmer. No, I had exclusive permission from the landowner, now GTFO of here.
That was in the 80’s. Took that incident to heart. Now, all of our farm leases state the owner retains hunting and fishing rights as well as the ability to lease those rights at will.
Farmer has no right to do anything but farm.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

What would you do?
Did this happen to you, or a hypothetical?

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

What would you do?
Call the game ranger Get his license number if you can find his vehicle. Might even cause flat tire too

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been there, done that.
Years ago when pheasant hunting with friends, hit our Pond Creek place getting some quail.
We left to go to my buddies place a mile south.
Very isolated area so was surprised to see another vehicle of hunters heading north.
We heard gunshots coming from that area, so loaded our dogs up and headed that way to see 4 guys walking out with a pheasant they had taken.
I asked them if they knew the landowner who gave them permission.
You bet, and produced a hunting lease.
As that is my land, that brought up some big questions. After a call to the area GW we determined that some scammer in Enid was searching non resident property owners on county records and writing up hunting leases.
It was turned over to the county prosecutor. Have no clue how it turned out. You don’t get notified.
Another situation was north of Blackwell in the Braman area.
I was in a stand an hour before daylight when some headlights showed up across the fence and went out. About 20 mins later, some guy started crawling up my ladder.
Betting he crapped his pants when hitting him in the eyes with a flashlight when he topped the ladder.
Said he had permission from the farmer. No, I had exclusive permission from the landowner, now GTFO of here.
That was in the 80’s. Took that incident to heart. Now, all of our farm leases state the owner retains hunting and fishing rights as well as the ability to lease those rights at will.
Farmer has no right to do anything but farm

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Call the game ranger Get his license number if you can find his vehicle. Might even cause flat tire too
Problem is that the GW may be working a more important issue hours away. Typically there is only one or two per county so they have to prioritize what issue they have been called on.
Sometimes the county deputies may take a trespass call.

Latest posts

Top Bottom