What would you do?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Follow up question

If they refuse to lay their rifle down or hand it over what would you do?
Good question. I’ve never knowingly trespassed, but nobody without proper LEO qualifications is going to disarm me. My thought process on confrontation would be are they really the land owner or a squatter with something on the property they didn’t want me to see.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What I did get out of it was a gut shot cow floating in my pond.
That’s a big issue. I grew up with a POS that didn’t recognize property lines.
Didn’t run with him but his stories were disgusting.
His street name was catkiller because he hated cats and would kill them in a farmhouse front yard while driving past. Road hunting basturd.
If someone turned him in, he would come back right before harvest and set fire to their wheat field. He was that much of an ahole.
He was road hunting one day, saw something and started to pull the 20ga.
Evidently had a finger on the trigger and blew his leg off about midway between the knee and ankle. Couldn’t be saved. Poetic justice.

Preacherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good question. I’ve never knowingly trespassed, but nobody without proper LEO qualifications is going to disarm me. My thought process on confrontation would be are they really the land owner or a squatter with something on the property they didn’t want me to see.
Even if they had you at gun point? These of course are just questions for us to think about. :)

Last edited:

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That’s a big issue. I grew up with a POS that didn’t recognize property lines.
Didn’t run with him but his stories were disgusting.
His street name was catkiller because he hated cats and would kill them in a farmhouse front yard while driving past. Road hunting basturd.
If someone turned him in, he would come back right before harvest and set fire to their wheat field. He was that much of an ahole.
He was road hunting one day, saw something and started to pull the 20ga.
Evidently had a finger on the trigger and blew his leg off about midway between the knee and ankle. Couldn’t be saved. Poetic justice.

Oh darn. That's awful. Poor guy. 🙄🙄 Too bad the mfer didn't bleed out.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would have called the sheriff and had him confiscate the doe. They have a fund for such things that would have paid a butcher to dress it out and give it to a nursing home or two.

I almost forgot, there is a list of people at the S.O. that will come out any time 24-7 and take a road kill deer. They go by the top of the list. If someone can't take it or they cannot contact them, the next in line is called.
I wonder how many deputies are on that list?

Latest posts

Top Bottom