Do you normally use that +1?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you regularly use that +1?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jayhawkclint

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't keep +1 in our nightstand. My theory is that, in the event of waking up to a break-in, I don't want a high adrenaline level to cause an accidental discharge and possibly hit my wife. We have trained to it, feel comfortable with it. We do store extra magazines as well, so not really losing much capacity.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The only semi autos I own are 1911's and I carry them the way John m browning designed it cocked and locked and plus one all the time. .45 acp or 10mm all the same. If I carried a "plastic" gun with a "safe action" trigger I don't think I would but I hope I never own one and have to find out what's best on one of those.

flybeech

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I do run one in the chamber, for several reasons. First, my KelTec P-32 has a very heavy DAO trigger pull, making unintentional fire very unlikely. Due to the small size, my tired old hands just don't have the oomph they used to for such a small pistol and the last thing I want is a failure to chamber from a weak rack-job. Lastly, I don't want to forget something when only seconds count. In the unlikely event a shot is needed, I want to hear it go bang when I squeeze the trigger.

I understand that many believe my little .32 won't do much more than create an annoying minor rash on the assailant's skin, but honestly I'm not likely to lug around something much larger. To me, the .32 in my pocket is much better than the .45 left at the house and to date, no one has volunteered to let me shoot at them with my 'pea shooter'. When I feel like carrying openly, I wear an un-chambered M&P .45 on the side, because I can still positively rack that weapon confidently. I'm sure a day will soon come when I'll need to transition to a revolver with an empty chamber under the hammer and 5 more waiting in the wheel.

Peace_Maker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes I +1 on my G23. Whenever I clear the round from the chamber I load that round lower down the mag so the same round isn't always the one getting chambered and unchambered, not sure if it matters but it does not take very long to do and makes me feel better.

Latest posts

Top Bottom