Do you normally use that +1?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you regularly use that +1?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Always +1. IMO, carrying a handgun with an empty chamber is just inviting disaster to come upon you. The fewer things you have to perform in an adrenaline-infused SD situation (ie, racking the slide to chamber a round), the better the outcome for you.

YMMV. ;)

crappie josh

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
on my carry gun yes i use the +1 but my home defense 12 gauge no cause i want them to hear me load it when they break in to my house pluse i have little ones and i dont leave loaded gun laying around, my 12gauge stays hidden and covered up in the closet and all of my other guns that stay locked up in the gun safe are unloaded

rings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes I +1 on my G23. Whenever I clear the round from the chamber I load that round lower down the mag so the same round isn't always the one getting chambered and unchambered, not sure if it matters but it does not take very long to do and makes me feel better.

I always have 12+1 in my pistol...^^This, I actually read something about how certain ammo was having issues with not firing after the chambered/unchambered in a LEO weapon. I now wish I could remember where I read that

Latest posts

Top Bottom