Do you or your better half get told you look like someone famous?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Richard Dreyfuss.

Since I turned 17, there hasn't been a single month go by that someone hasn't said to me that I look like Richard Dreyfuss.

A few years ago, when they'd start out, "hey, you look like that actor guy...... what's his name?", I'd answer "Brad Pitt, yeah, I get that a lot". It never worked, they always remember his name.

Oh, well. I've never seen the resemblance, and it's hardly ever someone I know well, it's always a stranger.

The AmberLynn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Me and some friends put our pictures into one of those websites that matches your likeness with a celebrity.

Mine came back with 2:

Dimebag Darrell
Sidney Poitier

I never went back to that website

Ha! i think I've been to that site. It said i looked like a bunch of Chinese actresses I've never heard of.
Although, it said my mom looked like Harry Houdini...

Weatherby

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I was asked by a game warden if anyone had told me I looked like Chuck Norris. I thought he was nuts, but since then, I've been told that I look like him by a few more folks. Must be coming with age, I suppose.

I should correct them and say that Chuck Norris is trying to look like me.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
false. He was not crazy
not agreeing or disagreeing, just found this interesting
http://www.scpnet.com/paper2_2.htm
Abstract

To conduct a study of General Thomas Jonathan 'Stonewall' Jackson, one of the greatest military geniuses, to see if he met the criteria for Asperger's Syndrome or Asperger's Disorder. A study of the writings on 'Stonewall' Jackson was conducted. 'Stonewall' Jackson meets the criteria for Asperger's disorder with clear evidence of a qualitative impairment in social interaction and restricted repetitive and stereotyped patterns of behaviour, interests and activities. While individuals with Asperger's disorder suffer major problems in social relationships, nevertheless because of their ability to focus on a single topic they can be capable of great creativity, in this case, in the field of battle and in military affairs.
Conclusion:

There is no doubt that 'Stonewall' Jackson met the criteria for Asperger's disorder which gives the individual enormous handicaps in terms of social relating and empathising with other individuals but can be enormously beneficial for a leader as is shown by Jackson in his leadership of his army. He met all Szatmari's et al. (1989) except missing one additional item under the heading of odd speech for which historical data is not available. Because he was a Professor in the Military Academy and studied battles and war throughout his life he was better prepared for the American Civil War than any other military general. This extreme focus on a single topic can have enormous benefits and it is probably impossible for anyone to produce work of true genius without this exclusive focus.

Latest posts

Top Bottom