DOD furloughs cut to 6 days

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n8thegr8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ready for the other shoe to drop fellas?

FAA just sent out voluntary early retirement and voluntary separation notices. One date offered only, Sept 30th 2013.

Anyone who's been around awhile knows what the step after voluntary separation is...

Hagel told Congress that, unless sequestration is canned, RIF will occur next year. Scary to think about, hopefully it waits until after next August (that's when I get tenure, lol).

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hagel told Congress that, unless sequestration is canned, RIF will occur next year. Scary to think about, hopefully it waits until after next August (that's when I get tenure, lol).

Scary but at this point I'm sick of the bullsh#t and ready to walk away from federal service. Maybe time to go back to the private sector and see what happens.

Once my wife is finished with nursing school, that might be exactly what happens.

n8thegr8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Scary but at this point I'm sick of the bullsh#t and ready to walk away from federal service. Maybe time to go back to the private sector and see what happens.

Once my wife is finished with nursing school, that might be exactly what happens.

Same here, I applied for a contractor position, but the offer they made me wasn't worth it. Maybe we'll see what happens in another couple years.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you're just tenured, you will go before 5/10 point vets.

Yeah, that stuff gets all screwy. 1 year probationary folks first, under three year folks, the others, then 5 point vets, 10 point vets, tornado victims, those who suffered the loss of a pet recently, and those impaired by having a bone in their leg or the ability to draw oxygen. All sorts of exemptions.

Military retirees actually get the bounce before a lot of others due to some screwy sense of "fairness".

Latest posts

Top Bottom