Does anyone know if this is true - fee for expired license even if you renew it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi,

She renewed it yesterday right after it happened. I suppose we just need to pay the $150 and avoid court all together.

Thanks,

Alan

Ahh, by fee you mean the fines imposed by the court. There weren't any additional late penalties imposed just to renew the license, were there? I think I follow you now.

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi,

Ahh, by fee you mean the fines imposed by the court. There weren't any additional late penalties imposed just to renew the license, were there? I think I follow you now.

Exactly - I think they only charged her 21.50 or something to renew the license... It is the clerk at the court who said $50, then $150...

Thanks,

Alan

Backstrap

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi,

She renewed it yesterday right after it happened. I suppose we just need to pay the $150 and avoid court all together.

Thanks,

Alan

Unless she just can't make it to court, I don't see why she wouldn't appear. Worst that could happen is she's found guilty and pays the same fine she'd pay anyway; best case scenario is the judge recognizes she's a good citizen who made an honest mistake in allowing her DL to expire, but she's already renewed it and he therefore dismisses the ticket and fine and charges her court costs only. No guarantee the latter will happen, but to me it would be worth appearing just for the chance to keep the citation off my record.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unless she just can't make it to court, I don't see why she wouldn't appear. Worst that could happen is she's found guilty and pays the same fine she'd pay anyway; best case scenario is the judge recognizes she's a good citizen who made an honest mistake in allowing her DL to expire, but she's already renewed it and he therefore dismisses the ticket and fine and charges her court costs only. No guarantee the latter will happen, but to me it would be worth appearing just for the chance to keep the citation off my record.
Wait?....What?.......Oh Nevermind!

Latest posts

Top Bottom