Does anyone still believe a gun ban can't ever happen here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weatherby

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Executive orders can be used to expand on existing powers... such as classifying semi-automatic rifles as destructive devices, such as forcing FFLs to report multiple purchases (this has already been done) and many other ways to throw a wrench into things. It would be quite simple to make it extremely difficult to purchase or transfer firearms, should they wish to utilize the EO route. Of course, it will be tied up in court for years, but we all know what a crapshoot that is...
True, but that's not exactly disarming us as the OP implies, just baby steps towards it.There is a TON of bad information circulating and it doesn't help our cause, rather it hinders it. If everyone would gather all the information they can and cross check it to insure validity prior to canvasing OSA and Facebook, our cause would be better prepared.

The last few days I've been tempted to offer free government classes, as it seems like many folks slept through them in school or never showed up.

vicious

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tonight the WH blog posted that it will be Biden's goal for next year to enact tougher gun legislation, and they remarked that the '94 gun ban was partly his doing. I believe that this administration has waged full blown war against law abiding gun owners. I contacted all of my representatives, including the president, imploring them to utilize their position to defend our liberty and rights. Right now we need to hope that our representatives will respect our wishes, and we need to make those wishes known. We need to do this at the state level, too. People don't think states rights exist anymore, and they won't if they don't get exercised. Remember, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. I believe that while it wasn't beyond the anti-gun crowd to be so tacky as to try to capitalize off the tragedy, we were more respectful. Now it is time to speak up.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Vicious, the way the Democrats have exploited this horrible tragedy is part of the reason I am done with them. Wasn't an easy decision to make, but at least the Republican Party and conservative gun owners have so far acted with dignity and respect for the families.

1fast8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Vicious, the way the Democrats have exploited this horrible tragedy is part of the reason I am done with them. Wasn't an easy decision to make, but at least the Republican Party and conservative gun owners have so far acted with dignity and respect for the families.
I am not sure who has hacked into JB's screenname and making posts but I think i am really going to like this new guy

david04

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm actually a bit encouraged that Obama has created this panel to come up with ideas on gun violence, especially with Biden heading it. Panels like this take forever to work, and their ideas are largely ignored. Maybe the fresh pain of the incident will subside a bit before we get into a serious debate on banning "assault weapons". Before this incident, most people were mostly against gun bans. Hopefully the current outrage will not last.

Of course, I don't want want us to do nothing! We owe it to students and teachers to do more to keep them safe. But, we need to try to gently inject into the discussion things that will ACTUALLY HELP, like finding the best way to get some effective defense into the schools, like CLEET certified armed teachers, or whatever.

BIG_MIKE2005

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yea, he created a panel & gave them a January deadline to come up with things as well. Obama doesn't wanna lose this momentum, its his best chance to disarm us right now while emotions are wild over the recent shooting. He knows this, his administration knows this & they wanna strike while its hot. They wont let this go away, they got us by the balls right now.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I heard his speech on the radio. He did a good job of showing respect for the 2A and law abiding gun owners. Unfortunately, I don't believe any of it. He made the comment that this study would not be a long DC 6 month type study but will be concluded by January. I was thinking to myself that they would take 6 months to determine the impact of new roadways on the grub worm population but fundamental changes to our second amendment right can be wrapped up in 3 weeks. My conclusion is that the study has already been written as has the legislation. The next three weeks will allow for more polishing, more media hype and a lot of political wrangling behind the scenes to get people on board who want to protect their careers. I still don't think weapons confiscation of any kind will be on the table but I think something much worse than the original Crime Bill and Brady AWB is coming.

You could be right about things already being primed and ready since Biden was put in charge. I don't think Plugs has the brainpower to organize a one-car funeral.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With the recent SCOTUS rulings and a Republican controlled House, I would say it's not gonna happen anytime soon. Only way Obama could even attempt to ban guns would be through an Executive Order, and that won't pass judicial review(not too mention the civil and political backlash).

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With the recent SCOTUS rulings and a Republican controlled House, I would say it's not gonna happen anytime soon. Only way Obama could even attempt to ban guns would be through an Executive Order, and that won't pass judicial review(not too mention the civil and political backlash).

You are making me realize that we need to do all we can to shore up Republican support for the Second Amendment. If they cave ("compromise"), we are cooked. Letters to the Speaker of the House as well as our reps are in order.

Latest posts

Top Bottom