Does every new member think this is Gunbroker?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I once heard something funny about a southern way to sound dova-y that sticks in my mind.

Taken from UrbanDictionary:
Bless your heart
The most Southern 'efff you' there is. Can be put at the end of a phrase to nullify any cruelty.

And Wiki:
"Bless your heart" is a phrase that is common in the Southern United States. The phrase has multiple meanings. It can be used as a sincere expression of sympathy or genuine concern. It can be used as a precursor to an insult to soften the blow. It is also sometimes used to mean "you are dumb or otherwise impaired, but you can't help it" by individuals who wish to "be sweet” and do not wish to "act ugly".

I tend to avoid snarkiness in classifieds, I've gotten some verbals in the past.

But my classifieds go-to to replace Bless Your Heart is usually GLWS. I've noticed most of y'all don't use that one sincerely....

Glws? Southern and the mature “older” so the same thing, oh bless your heart “. Even ask a kid I knew that was up there by what the heck are you thinking, or good lord

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
They are coming over from Armslist. I send out multiple PM’s a day telling them that we are not AL and they won’t get much traction with that $50 a box crap. Feel free to let them know.

What happened to this direction from a mod to just move on?

View attachment 191005
I mean by pm. Don’t trash them either, let them know that this place is way more than armslist. Maybe even insert a thread where the group came together to help someone out in need. They may get more from than than o few bucks from a box of ammo.

FrankNmac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
upload_2021-1-30_8-48-57.png

PM: "Hey, Newcomer, this ain't Armslist. You are not going to get much traction in this OSA site trying to peddle that $50 a box crap here!"

I don't know that as a newcomer I would see a PM like that as helping or welcoming me to the OSA site, but instead would see it as trashing me and my item. I probably would like it even less if I started receiving similar PM's from other OSA members in what would feel like an organized campaign to harass me.

I know there is a real difference of opinion on OSA as to what constitutes a reasonable price for an item and when the price has entered gouging territory. This is even more magnified when ammo and guns are hard to find at prices that haven't increased significantly for those of us who participate in gun related activities.

The consistent issue beyond today's prices for guns and ammo is the ongoing frustration that there is no required minimum number of meaningful postings before a newcomer can begin posting classified ads.

The site owner has seen and heard these opinions in significant numbers and has evidently decided at this point not to require a minimum number of postings before posting classified ads. Many of us might have thoughts on this, but until we own the site that decision isn't ours to make. That is probably a good thing, because we can't even decide which gun bunnies are hot or not!

For now, one of the Mod's postings that suggests passing on an item if you don't want to buy it, and not commenting unless we are asking a legitimate question in the interest of a purchase instead of posting when we might just feel a need to voice an opinion on the price or person, seems reasonable.

I mean by pm. Don’t trash them either, let them know that this place is way more than armslist. Maybe even insert a thread where the group came together to help someone out in need. They may get more from than than o few bucks from a box of ammo.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 191020

PM: "Hey, Newcomer, this ain't Armslist. You are not going to get much traction in this OSA site trying to peddle that $50 a box crap here!"

I don't know that as a newcomer I would see a PM like that as helping or welcoming me to the OSA site, but instead would see it as trashing me and my item. I probably would like it even less if I started receiving similar PM's from other OSA members in what would feel like an organized campaign to harass me.

I know there is a real difference of opinion on OSA as to what constitutes a reasonable price for an item and when the price has entered gouging territory. This is even more magnified when ammo and guns are hard to find at prices that haven't increased significantly for those of us who participate in gun related activities.

The consistent issue beyond today's prices for guns and ammo is the ongoing frustration that there is no required minimum number of meaningful postings before a newcomer can begin posting classified ads.

The site owner has seen and heard these opinions in significant numbers and has evidently decided at this point not to require a minimum number of postings before posting classified ads. Many of us might have thoughts on this, but until we own the site that decision isn't ours to make. That is probably a good thing, because we can't even decide which gun bunnies are hot or not!

For now, one of the Mod's postings that suggests passing on an item if you don't want to buy it, and not commenting unless we are asking a legitimate question in the interest of a purchase instead of posting when we might just feel a need to voice an opinion on the price or person, seems reasonable.
Don’t worry Mac. The PM’s I have sent were very welcoming and I explained what OSA is meant to be. The response has been overall favorable.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's all supply and demand. Ammo is a commodity now just like oil, wheat, gold and toilet paper several months ago. If everyone would just buy what they need for themselves and leave what they don't need on the shelves, the manufacturers would keep up and everyone would have enough. One panic buyer is all it takes to start the snowball rolling and then here we are.

FYI I have some toilet paper in the classifieds I'll sell for $1 a sheet or $1 a **** or something like that.....

FrankNmac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's all supply and demand. Ammo is a commodity now just like oil, wheat, gold and toilet paper several months ago. If everyone would just buy what they need for themselves and leave what they don't need on the shelves, the manufacturers would keep up and everyone would have enough. One panic buyer is all it takes to start the snowball rolling and then here we are.

FYI I have some toilet paper in the classifieds I'll sell for $1 a sheet or $1 a **** or something like that.....

You and Johnny Carson exacerbating the toilet paper shortage!

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Whatever the market will bear. Sure hope this mfking ammo shortage gets over soon. I probably shouldn’t give a crap, but oddly it is irritating. I need to get off here and reload more lol

Attachments

• AB42A57A-6086-41E7-82CB-68FE23E3B5CB.png
    AB42A57A-6086-41E7-82CB-68FE23E3B5CB.png
    316.3 KB · Views: 100

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
View attachment 191020

You think the site owner reads all of these posts? Naw

FrankNmac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You think the site owner reads all of these posts? Naw

No, but I believe from reading posts from several OSA members who have had conversations with him about the newbies posting in classifieds issue that he is well aware of the practice and member opinions and has chosen to leave it as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom