Dog ate a mushroom

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
1: in the future one thing you can do is give your dog a capful of hydrogen peroxide. It will make them barf up whatever is in their stomach, usually.

2: Google is typically not your friend with mushroom identification.

3: When our dogs eat questionable things, I'll often give them a chunk of charcoal, or a burnt stick out of the fire pit, acting like its a treat. Lump seems to be the most agreeable with them if I dont have a burnt stick. They'll usually chew on it for a few seconds and then spit it out, gets a little in their system. I feel like it helps with their stomach. just make sure the charcoal is pure charcoal, no flavor additives, fast lighting chemicals, etc.

I'M NOT A VETINARIAN AND NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU KILL YOUR DOG

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1: in the future one thing you can do is give your dog a capful of hydrogen peroxide. It will make them barf up whatever is in their stomach, usually.

2: Google is typically not your friend with mushroom identification.

3: When our dogs eat questionable things, I'll often give them a chunk of charcoal, or a burnt stick out of the fire pit, acting like its a treat. Lump seems to be the most agreeable with them if I dont have a burnt stick. They'll usually chew on it for a few seconds and then spit it out, gets a little in their system. I feel like it helps with their stomach. just make sure the charcoal is pure charcoal, no flavor additives, fast lighting chemicals, etc.

I'M NOT A VETINARIAN AND NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU KILL YOUR DOG
I agree that Google is not the best way to identify mushrooms, but Google is good for finding associated articles (which is what I use it for) that provide good information relevant to the question asked - in this case, "Are the white mushrooms that pop-up in your lawn after a rain, toxic?".

osu007

AKA: Fat Jack, Believer in God
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dog's that are left alone in a back yard or that roam free around the ranch house during the day after a rain or the day after a rain have probably eaten a billion of those things in the last 150y lol.
So has some long haired hippie type folks from yesteryears…..

Latest posts

Top Bottom