Dog training space

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very versatile dog, and has a kill/predator instinct like no other I've seen. Other small dogs, cats, coons even skunks. If they give him the slightest chance, he'll take them out. That behavior didn't start until he was about 2.5yo. He grew up with my two labs since they brought him home as a pup. Zero issues with my two labs, hunted full seasons with each and no issues, but then on season 3, we couldn't let out guard down or he'd be trying to mix it up with my labs. Both of my labs are/were neutered, the Draht isn't. Never aggressive to any person ever though.
He’s being raised with a miniature weenie dog that’s meaner than him, and a golden retriever, so I’m hoping that we can prevent any dog aggression through his upbringing. Everything else is fair game though, aside from skunks, armadillos, and rattlesnakes. I doubt I’ll have a say in it though.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This one was raised with a schnauzer that was 6yo when the draht was a pup. Watch out when he gets to be about 2.5yo....

We started having trouble with Dawg at a little over a year -- in his defense though Nero is an intact male. We solved it pretty quickly because I got tired of Dawg also challenging me. Something he did not do until he hit his "teenage years". He is now a perfectly adjusted, very well-mannered but still hard-headed, stubborn NEUTERED fella. Lol

Sorry, OP ... I'm no help AT ALL ... Good luck! Beagles are GREAT dogs.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
This one was raised with a schnauzer that was 6yo when the draht was a pup. Watch out when he gets to be about 2.5yo....
The weenie dog is getting old anyways, I don’t know if she’ll make it another 2.5 years sadly. I think that’s about max of what she has left in her. I definitely rule the house, he isnt even allowed to harass her. We’ll see what happens when we cross that bridge, I’m not opposed to corporal punishment or ecollar correction, that’s for sure. Having a dog I can take in public, around other peoples small dogs, and around children is a requirement in my household. I won’t stand for less.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
We started having trouble with Dawg at a little over a year -- in his defense though Nero is an intact male. We solved it pretty quickly because I got tired of Dawg also challenging me. Something he did not do until he hit his "teenage years". He is now a perfectly adjusted, very well-mannered but still hard-headed, stubborn NEUTERED fella. Lol

Sorry, OP ... I'm no help AT ALL ... Good luck! Beagles are GREAT dogs.
Hunting rabbits with beagles is on my bucket list. Looks like the most fun ever.

Latest posts

Top Bottom