Dogs and Ponds!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The boy loves to swim! We went for a walk early this morning as we do most days. Had not been in a few days, sore back waiting on surgery. He kept bugging me this morning to go so he won! LOL! He likes one of the ponds way more than the others, cannot figure that out. I toss whatever item he brings me, will toss it in one of the other ponds knowing that he will swim in get it and haul ass to his favorite pond!

They will usually pick the cleanest and coolest water if they have a choice, but have seen some that isnt that picky they will just get in any water they find just to get in.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Got any pics of Charlie and the pond?
No unfortunately. That was several years ago and my now ex took all the SD cards with our photos when she skipped out.

He looked like a very large chocolate lab. That's how he got his name. My girls were pretty young at the time and since he was brown they named him Charlie Brown.

Someone dumped him on the dead end road we lived on when he was just a few months old. We had no idea how big he would get.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never take a Lab fishing, they can't stay out of the water! I took one fishing in a boat once and I had a bobber on my line, cast it in the water and the Lab jumped in after the bobber! I had to drag her back in the boat and never did catch any fish. It didn't make me angry, I actually thought it was funny.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never take a Lab fishing, they can't stay out of the water! I took one fishing in a boat once and I had a bobber on my line, cast it in the water and the Lab jumped in after the bobber! I had to drag her back in the boat and never did catch any fish. It didn't make me angry, I actually thought it was funny.
I took my brittney bass fishing one time and one time only. I was throwing topwater devil horse dancer lures with three sets of treble hooks. First cast he went over the side and headed right for the lure.
Had to crank like crazy to keep it away from him.
The dog would enter any body of water as long as it was a lake or pond expecially if there were ducks or geese on it. He would swim forever chasing them until the wife would make me call him back.
He refused to get further than the first step in our pool though. He would lay there in about 3" of water and go no further no matter how many times I coaxed him. Something about the clear water didn't appeal to him.

Latest posts

Top Bottom