Doing Business with someone without feedback or threads posted?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve had a few dealings on here with members, new members, fat members, skinny members, ugly as sin members and the list can go on, I don’t discriminate. Only weird ones I have ever had is with one member, he a mod now!

How 'bout one's with chicken pox??

Armour, Armour Hot Dogs!

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Because I would drink that open drink.

I agree with the general sentiment that everyone has to start from scratch here, but the current circumstances don't exactly lend much in the way of comfort. OSA has always been the place where I would be able to go to avoid the gouging, crappy meetups, and lack of interaction found elsewhere. I made a killing on arms list trading up a few years back, but after 2 really iffy meetups and constantly seeing shady stuff going on i stopped using the site. I see the same people now showing up here, with the same mentalities. To a lot of the armslisters showing up this isn't a community or a forum to gain/share information, coupled with a place to trade/sell stuff we don't need to people for a fair deal. To them its another sales platform to make a quick buck or find a quick deal. I've even run across an individual a month or two back that sounded like they didn't even know anything about their product or firearms, which makes me believe that they were simply a reseller. We can choose to deal with established members and the like, but it doesn't change the crowd that we are swimming in.

I would like to know more. Usually the iffy meetups weed themselves out and they never happen. For example a few months ago I was selling my .300 blackout AR. An OSA member bought it from me, thankfully. But I had it posted on armslist and this 405 area code number was texting me about it. He was allegedly out of state at the time. He wanted me to sell it to some guy that didn't speak very good English. I told him I didn't feel comfortable doing that, so whenever he comes back in town we were trying to figure out how and when to meet up. I wanted to meet him halfway to OKC but he was "too busy" at work. Not ten minutes later he wants to meet me at Cabela's in OKC and sends me a picture of the inside. I had a weird feeling about the whole thing and decided not to meet him. The next day he says something about his wife is in the hospital with pregnancy issues and I never heard from him again.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I honestly think "gun people" would be the last of choices for targets in a robbery or whatever you want to call it.
John Correia just did a video where a guy was stealing a pistol out of a bag. In a CCW class!

The dude was rifling through a bag in a classroom while they were on break and even had a class participant sitting right next to him watching. And waiting. He got ran out and when the cops showed up he tried to stab them both with a screwdriver. A cop and several people from the range shot his ass. He died. The moral here is that you cannot ever, never, ever underestimate just how incredibly stupid people can be.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would like to know more. Usually the iffy meetups weed themselves out and they never happen. For example a few months ago I was selling my .300 blackout AR. An OSA member bought it from me, thankfully. But I had it posted on armslist and this 405 area code number was texting me about it. He was allegedly out of state at the time. He wanted me to sell it to some guy that didn't speak very good English. I told him I didn't feel comfortable doing that, so whenever he comes back in town we were trying to figure out how and when to meet up. I wanted to meet him halfway to OKC but he was "too busy" at work. Not ten minutes later he wants to meet me at Cabela's in OKC and sends me a picture of the inside. I had a weird feeling about the whole thing and decided not to meet him. The next day he says something about his wife is in the hospital with pregnancy issues and I never heard from him again.
One of the meetups was a guy who randomly started talking mid transaction about how he can’t buy guns from stores due to his history. When I told him I was leaving he got pretty angry about it. mother transaction the guy got mad I wouldn’t come down on price, gave me the money, and started throwing things into his truck and slamming doors. Decided I was done with armslist at that point. I was quick and short about communicating before meeting.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of the meetups was a guy who randomly started talking mid transaction about how he can’t buy guns from stores due to his history. When I told him I was leaving he got pretty angry about it. mother transaction the guy got mad I wouldn’t come down on price, gave me the money, and started throwing things into his truck and slamming doors. Decided I was done with armslist at that point. I was quick and short about communicating before meeting.

Yeah, I don't blame you. I've had trouble with out of state residents trying to buy guns from me FTF. For all I know it could be ATF trying to sting me. As far as negotiating price usually that's done before meeting up. A lot of people lately are way short of asking price and they are like: "this is all the money I have" well, sorry. Had one guy try to negotiate price by claiming the pump went out on his water well. Not my problem.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can usually tell if they are flaky from texts. Usually is the key word. I've abandoned some conversations due to the wording used. Every transaction I've had with someone here went well. One of us showed up with cash or trade, the other with the object(s) being sold or traded. Vehicles are identified before hand and they are in very public locations. All of my transactions through here have gone smooth and quickly with some good conversation at a a few.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, had a new OSA member Welch on me at the last minute an hour ago. The guy text me from a 214 area code number, wanted to meet up with me in oloogah to buy two pistols that I have for sale, well I drive up there and he looks them over, fondles them, and then welches on me after he said he wanted both. I don't know the guys screen name but he drives a maroon Subaru crosstrek and has a 214 area code number. Beware, he may be a time waster.

Latest posts

Top Bottom