Dont Do Business with Smith Enterprises INC.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wish everyone who thinks $15 shipping for a small part that fits in a $5.35 small flat rate priority mail box (
actually only costs $5.10 when you use commercial shipping rates) would buy something from me. I could make significantly more profit on S&H than on product that way.

Seriously, are you guys out of your mind? :anyone:

It's impossible to say what transpired, but IF any part of what the OP says is true, y'all would be complaining too if it happened to you.

It really depends on the business. Flat rate shipping can be great for a company and it's customers. Sometimes shipping out one little part can make it not even worth selling (small margin, CC fees, customer service, shipping, packaging, etc). It may not all cost the company money, but it does figure into the profitability of the single small item sale. If you charge everyone a flat rate for shipping the guys that only buy one little part help subsidize the guys that do big business with you. $15 is a little excessive for flat rate, but not egregious. Since they are not using flat rate, just minimum of $15, I'd say their shipping policies are kinda crappy.

I try to charge exact (or as close as I can guess and I'm pretty good) shipping because I don't really care for the flat rate deal. I'm also upfront with my customers that there will be shipping charges, I don't just assume they've done their due diligence and know there will be shipping.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It really depends on the business. Flat rate shipping can be great for a company and it's customers. Sometimes shipping out one little part can make it not even worth selling. If you charge everyone a flat rate for shipping the guys that only buy one little part help subsidize the guys that do big business with you. $15 is a little excessive for flat rate, but not egregious. Since they are not using flat rate, just minimum of $15, I'd say their shipping policies are kinda crappy.

True... it does all depend.

I think these guys are more interested in selling big ticket items to big outfits and government contracts and the like... they really probably don't want to piddle around selling one item at a time.

I've officially wasted more than $9.90 of my time on the subject too... (and I'll bet the company did also).

Latest posts

Top Bottom