Dont Do Business with Smith Enterprises INC.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Same guy would probably be moaning about it too if he had ordered a crate full of them and they charged him $15 for shipping and the label said it cost $70. Probably call his credit card company and make them increase the charge to make it even.

Wild Weasel

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did the part work for your suppressor? I thought after reading the book you were going to say the part didn't even work. Jeez complaining and you got what you needed cheaper than anywhere else. Sounds like nobody can make you happy.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm glad that there are still companies out there run by guys who have a pair. People get used to getting coddled and treated like they are always right, even when they are being ridiculous. Well, if you subsidize something, you get more of it -- the same goes for whining and bitching. If it continues to work for them, people will continue to do it. My girlfriend's uncle is one of those guys... Occasionally you need somebody like this fellow at SEI to ***** slap these folks back to the cold, hard reality that they are not in fact special, and that companies are better off without customers of their type.

Last edited by a moderator:

soonersfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How dare they save you $60. I hope you call your buddy who gave you the referral and give him a piece of your mind too. Call your Congressman. They should pass a law prohibiting these kinds of savings.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm gonna go against the grain here and say that $15 to ship a can mount is excessive. Seriously, you have to drive it to the Post Office? Apparently they're in the stone age. I used to ship stuff for a business all the time and guess what, all of the major carriers will come to your door. Processing and packaging a 1 part order was all of 5 minutes work, and that was over a decade ago. The $5.35 sounds like USPS Priority Mail charges. I just got a USPS Priority Mail box with a charging handle from AXTS that has $5.15 postage on it. They discounted the cost of the CH by $15.50 due to an email snafu on their part, then had the audacity to offer free shipping! The nerve! :)

That's good CS. If Smith doesn't disclose their $15 standard shipping rate on a small part order, then they're setting themselves up for poor customer relations. If it costs them $9.65 to package and ship a small part order, then they're inefficient. My guess is they increase their profit margin with added "handling" costs. Let's face it, if they didn't offer to handle the order, their profit margin would be zero.

Yet with all that said, the OP didn't do his due diligence because he knew the alternative was $150. If your money isn't important enough for you to ask, then why should it be important to Smith? Strike one for Smith using antiquated processing and poor CS. Strike one for the OP not bothering to care until after the fact.

Latest posts

Top Bottom