Dont Do Business with Smith Enterprises INC.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
15 bucks is kinda steep for a standard shipping cost. I could see 9 bucks. The 5 something for shipping plus a dollar for the box and packin materials and a few dollars for the guy who had to walk back and pull the part and package it up.

On the other hand anytime I order anything over the phone I ask for a cc total. Sorry you had a crappy experience.

white92coupe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.smithenterprise.com/policies03.html#shipping

8. SHIPMENTS AND DELIVERIES.

A. Minimum shipping charge: $15.00. Any charges in excess of $15.00 will be coordinated with the Dealer and payment must be made by the Dealer for these excess charges at that time. Minimum shipping for complete rifles to the original 48 States is $80.00 for each weapon. Rifles are insured for a minimum of $2,000.00. All risk of loss of or damage to products in transit shall be borne by Dealer. All Dealers are hereby advised to insure all products for shipment.

30 seconds on their site and I found this. Not hard at all. Who doesn't look around to find shipping charges when ordering something? Excessive yes, but it is openly stated on their website what the minimum charge is.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wish everyone who thinks $15 shipping for a small part that fits in a $5.35 small flat rate priority mail box (
actually only costs $5.10 when you use commercial shipping rates) would buy something from me. I could make significantly more profit on S&H than on product that way.

Seriously, are you guys out of your mind? :anyone:

It's impossible to say what transpired, but IF any part of what the OP says is true, y'all would be complaining too if it happened to you.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.smithenterprise.com/policies03.html#shipping

8. SHIPMENTS AND DELIVERIES.

A. Minimum shipping charge: $15.00. Any charges in excess of $15.00 will be coordinated with the Dealer and payment must be made by the Dealer for these excess charges at that time. Minimum shipping for complete rifles to the original 48 States is $80.00 for each weapon. Rifles are insured for a minimum of $2,000.00. All risk of loss of or damage to products in transit shall be borne by Dealer. All Dealers are hereby advised to insure all products for shipment.

30 seconds on their site and I found this. Not hard at all. Who doesn't look around to find shipping charges when ordering something? Excessive yes, but it is openly stated on their website what the minimum charge is.

That is excessive, but it looks like its on the OP for not researching and/or asking. I know this, if I were given a line of BS about someone standing in line at the Post Office though, I'd probably take it the wrong way also. Would it be so hard for SEI to just refer to their policy politely and leave it at that?

OP... can you take a picture of the shipping label? Was it computer generated with commercial, prepaid postage or was it written in crayon?

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its excessive, but they are free to charge whatever the want to charge. Brownells charges $13.95. To thier credit they have a special small package rate of $5.95 for 16oz or less via parcal post first class.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't believe the majority of OSA passed up an opportunity to ***** about something in unison.

Why are we not angrier about this?!?!?? We get angry about everything!

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't believe the majority of OSA passed up an opportunity to ***** about something in unison.

Nah Andy, try to keep up. We are in the other mode, "Make fun of the OP for being butthurt"

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

LOL. How true.

I'm not necessarily big on bitching about it (for either party involved) but I also can't understand everybody piling on and thinking that it's ok to charge $15 to ship an item that only costs $5.10 to actually ship. Obviously there are some handling charges that can be added to the shipping rate, but $9.90 of handling for one small item is excessive.

Boo on Brownells and Boo on Midway and all the rest who overcharge on shipping too.

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I'm with you on this one. I'm pissed!!

Granted...I'm more pissed about the 15 minutes of my life I've wasted trying to understand what the real issue is here but none-the-less....I'm PISSED!!

That is all...Thank you come again :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom