Double Barrel Shotgun Restoration (Pic Intensive)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You'll be surprised at the pattern you'll get. Back when card wads were standard, patterns were more open, but with modern plastic shot cups you will get better results than you expect.

Nice work

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You'll be surprised at the pattern you'll get. Back when card wads were standard, patterns were more open, but with modern plastic shot cups you will get better results than you expect.

Nice work

Exactly, and if you want to reload, you can get wads that will tighten up the pattern.

I use a cylinder bore on early season pheasant, and quail.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words guys. I have about $240 in this shotgun including materials. I have not shot it yet, but don't expect it to pattern very well past 10 feet or so. This is more of a decorative piece than anything.

Next project in my cue is a Winchester 94 Ranger. I look forward to starting it soon.

Ive got a 94 that im going to workover for my next project. Im thinking curly maple and a heavy rust brown, Fixed sights, steel hooked buttplate.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not trying to hijack the thread, but I just finished the same gun (different series) What did you use to buff it to such a glass finish?
i53.photobucket.com_albums_g46_jckellison_fef97ca6_d55e_4e9e_8b4a_cb96461196bc.jpg

ASP785

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is my secret:

Tru Oil applied with pantyhose followed by a wet sanding of 2000 grit sand paper and then:

http://www.meguiars.com/en/automotive/products/g3502-polishing-power-pack/

The DA is about $50 bucks but I could not get it to 'glass' without it. I used heavy to moderate pressure and it took care of all of the light scratch marks and swirls. Pictures really don't do it justice as it really looks 'fake' in person.

porscheman2944

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am in the middle of doing a Winchester 410 looked like someone tried doing it with a paint brush. parts are bead blasted and ready for finish. I haven't decided which way I want to go on the stock yet. but I will post pics when done.

Latest posts

Top Bottom