Dove season 2017 hunting results and stories

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We didn't get any pics as it was dark by the time we got all the decoys rounded up and everything put up.
Sticky Stokes, Deer Slayer, Meatgrinder , and myself went to one of our farms and killed a few doves.
31 total between all of us. Even got a little sprinkle from one little cloud. lol.
Good times and good friends go a long way in my books.

meatGrinder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was a great hunt again, Dennis. Great group of fellas to hunt with.
I thought I would be on fire last night, going 3 for 3 on the first birds. I wad quickly humbled after that Those suckers can be tricky to hit.
We didn't get any pics as it was dark by the time we got all the decoys rounded up and everything put up.
Sticky Stokes, Deer Slayer, Meatgrinder , and myself went to one of our farms and killed a few doves.
31 total between all of us. Even got a little sprinkle from one little cloud. lol.
Good times and good friends go a long way in my books.

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had a good day !!

21200862_1973436296248158_2134188344957224615_o.jpg

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been hunting the same place north of Gage for 33+ years. We set up on a pond and are usually done in about 45 minutes or less. So many dove you would limit out no matter how bad a shot you were. Over the years the birds declined and after the drought 6-7 years ago, they were pretty sparse. I'm pretty sure the drought changed the flyway we were hunting. A few years ago they started to recover and this year was as good as "the old days". In the pic, the birds shown are just a fraction of the ones on the wire. Most of them flew off when we started driving close enough to get the pic. There were birds for about a half mile. We were done and leaving the sacred hunting grounds just as everybody else was starting to go to the field.

We saw tons of quail and even set up a sandhill crane hunt!

We always stop at Butch's Guns in Woodward. I love those guys! They gave me a few S&W prop rods.

IMG_4555.JPG

Latest posts

Top Bottom