DPMS trigger/barrel change

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't need to defend my position just stating that I have seen other 308 DPMS guns that had factory sewer barrels or chambers and had nothing to do with the shooter or ammo.

Actually, I would tend to think you do need to defend your position. If you stand up to same something, like you did, especially if it's a bit controversial, then you should be prepared to defend what you said. That's how it works.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And I am not saying that all of them are good, it is just that most all of the ones I have shot are great. I am not saying that all rifles that shoot minute of wash tube are good underneath, but I would bet a good 60% are.

I have bought a couple of rifles that the folks that owned them swore were junk (an M1A and two ARS) And I bought them cheap. The M1A had a steady diet of M80 ball ammo made in Venezuela and both ARs were JUNK after they "couldn't get good groups with TWO different ammos Wolf and Monarch...and some of those were the heavy match bullets"......Outstanding!

BTW did any of these 3-4 rifle owners call DPMS? I know Randy Luth quite well, and I guaranty he would make them right if he knew about them.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, a half minute Krieger barrel is always soooo much better than a half minute DPMS barrel, because it costs soooo much more. Everyone knows that if they both shoot a half inch group at 100 yards, the Krieger will always be more expensiv.....er.....ah..... more accurate, because it's half inch is slightly tighter than the DPMS half inch.

I guess I am not a gear snob. If it is accurate I don't care whose name is on it, but hey your milage and wallet may vary.

BTW I'll take all those bad DPMS barrel you want to screw off, since they are all so bad, I know you wouldn't feel right in selling them! KurtM

aerodoc

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went to a buddys house we have a bench set up and a target at 95 yards. longest we could get on his land...Shot my DPMS-308 and my Weatherby 270 of corse the Weatherby was more accurate BUT the DPMS was kickass I will not change the barrel like i was advised to earlier when this post started. The trigger group however needs some work but Im using iron sights for the time being and was getting 1 1/2" groups with hand loads. I would not be worried about long range hunting with this gun now that i have shot it, Im sure once i get the trigger worked on and put a nice scope on it my group will improve. LOVE IT

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went to a buddys house we have a bench set up and a target at 95 yards. longest we could get on his land...Shot my DPMS-308 and my Weatherby 270 of corse the Weatherby was more accurate BUT the DPMS was kickass I will not change the barrel like i was advised to earlier when this post started. The trigger group however needs some work but Im using iron sights for the time being and was getting 1 1/2" groups with hand loads. I would not be worried about long range hunting with this gun now that i have shot it, Im sure once i get the trigger worked on and put a nice scope on it my group will improve. LOVE IT

That's great!! Sounds like you got a good one. I haven't had a chance to shoot mine yet. I'm hoping it shoots tight groups like it should. I agree about the trigger. It sucks bad. Of course my other AR triggers are a Accuracy Speaks and a JP, so pretty much anything is going to feel like crap compared to those. I definitely need to order an adjustable JP for the AR10.

guns_not_groceries

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

Good deal. Don't call it quits yet on ammo....try some factory stuff out or vary the hand loads in half-grain increments to figure out what YOUR rifle likes, each gun is different. You may be able to squeeze some more accuracy out of it yet.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1 1/2" groups with a stock trigger and iron sights??? Why it,s just your normal "tent stake/just a DPMS barrel"!:thumbup3:

Latest posts

Top Bottom