Drivers license advice..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
We have passports because we both had to travel internationally on occasion for our jobs before retiring and my time in the military. We also travel to foreign countries for vacations.
Unfortunately, the system is progressing toward the point where it will not accommodate you. You will have to accommodate the system. Right or wrong, that is the way it is headed, and we can't stop it.
It's not the way you or I wish it would in a utopian society, but in reality, with the open borders, do we not need a way to ID people coming across to see if they are good people we want in our country?
Other countries that do control their borders want the same internal security for their citizens.
A lot of people are content to stay in their local area for their entire lives which is awesome. No issues from me for doing that.
Others wish to venture out and see the world. They need that passport and, in some cases, the Real ID.
I could be wrong, but most states require every citizen within that state to have a real ID. Oklahoma was one of the last hold outs. Correct me if I'm wrong.
I get what you are saying, wife and I are now 44 and done traveled as much of the outside the border as we want.

Added the cost of it for what? Zee papers?

Lol. I for one am sick of my requirement of participation with this rat race to get a gold star of approval.

I have no idea upon the states of when they have taken to comply with it. Best part is that no one questioned the requirement...they just did it without hesitation as their license came due.

Na, if a federal agency wants to see me face to face or something similar, they will find a way, or they won't and I can stay home, use the postal service.

That open borders thing is just a means of voluntary segregation from your other Americans that refuse this crap.

How many illegals you ever met? I have met many, Muslim, Asian, south American, and Mexican....none I have ever met could tell you the difference in pain, and pane.

Think of it as the litmus test.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I get what you are saying, wife and I are now 44 and done traveled as much of the outside the border as we want.

Added the cost of it for what? Zee papers?

Lol. I for one am sick of my requirement of participation with this rat race to get a gold star of approval.

I have no idea upon the states of when they have taken to comply with it. Best part is that no one questioned the requirement...they just did it without hesitation as their license came due.

Na, if a federal agency wants to see me face to face or something similar, they will find a way, or they won't and I can stay home, use the postal service.

That open borders thing is just a means of voluntary segregation from your other Americans that refuse this crap.

How many illegals you ever met? I have met many, Muslim, Asian, south American, and Mexican....none I have ever met could tell you the difference in pain, and pane.

Think of it as the litmus test.
I hate to break it to you, but the government already knows every aspect of your life. They have your history from the day you were born with a birth certificate to the day you applied for your driver's license at 16 yrs. old.
Past that, every time you applied for a job, requested a credit card, got a savings account or whatever you have done passes that information to the government. Make a transaction over $10 grand, it goes to the government.
Your cell phone listens, your computer tracks you through every post on social media and it gets passed to the government through social media platforms which you are currently on.
They know what products you buy unless it's with cash. Every online purchase is noted. Buy enough different products to constitute a possible threat to the government, you will probably get a knock on the door.
It's happening all over the country. Even if you buy too many firearms in a short period of time.

he Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) is currently going door-to-door in some states to question gun owners about recent firearm purchases.

The Biden administration says the goal of these warrantless “knock-and-talk” visits is to crack down on suspected “straw purchasers,” aka criminals with no disqualifying records that would show up in an FBI background check (NICS check) who buy guns on behalf of other criminals or prohibited persons.

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/...and-talk-visits-with-gun-owners-says-senator/

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hate to break it to you, but the government already knows every aspect of your life. They have your history from the day you were born with a birth certificate to the day you applied for your driver's license at 16 yrs. old.
Past that, every time you applied for a job, requested a credit card, got a savings account or whatever you have done passes that information to the government. Make a transaction over $10 grand, it goes to the government.
Your cell phone listens, your computer tracks you through every post on social media and it gets passed to the government through social media platforms which you are currently on.
They know what products you buy unless it's with cash. Every online purchase is noted. Buy enough different products to constitute a possible threat to the government, you will probably get a knock on the door.
It's happening all over the country. Even if you buy too many firearms in a short period of time.

he Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) is currently going door-to-door in some states to question gun owners about recent firearm purchases.

The Biden administration says the goal of these warrantless “knock-and-talk” visits is to crack down on suspected “straw purchasers,” aka criminals with no disqualifying records that would show up in an FBI background check (NICS check) who buy guns on behalf of other criminals or prohibited persons.

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/...and-talk-visits-with-gun-owners-says-senator/
Knows every aspect huh?

Like how the uvalde shooter, the parkland school, the Topps grocery store?

I think you are giving the alphabet boys way too much credit. Everything they have is reactive not proactive.

So while they can possibly see what I did, they cannot know what I will do, which is the best part of being an American.

As for going door to door that was 3 instances that we know of involving the rare breed triggers, and while I would say beat feet once I knew there was no warrant, I can bet you there was more to it.

I am 44yo and made so many 80% and 0% lowers and on top of that educated many on 4chan, as well as reddit, and many other social media.

They ain't come knocking on my door.

As for digital devices I read the ToS and understand what it is I am signing up for. The whole idea of "if you buy stuff they will come" is absurd.

Meth wouldn't be a thing, either would many other drugs, as they could track your purchases and have you in braclets.

They will know exactly what it is that you allow them to know, which is why I refuse realID. It is part of that compliance test, like the vax was.

We know it didn't stop the spread, we know that the vast majority had no adverse effects, but we also know that the majority took it across the developed nations.

You can dismiss all I said because you know better, but I ask you....do you really? I test the system from time to time, with little things.

Today I went into a bass pro here in CT, I got a glock 17 ten round mag, a safariland holster, a 9mm bore laser, and a CM 301 light laser.

Paid with a CC and showed my OK DL....just to see if anyone would do or say something.

Waited in the parking lot for 45min to see. No one came, so I said hmmmmm. I will open carry as that is legal here in CT.

"Connecticut has no law that specifically restricts the open carrying of a long gun in public."

So I carried around my vector carbine, with a 10rnd mag around where I am at my hotel.

No one came, no one said anything. Now you ask why, I ask why not if you can?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Knows every aspect huh?

Like how the uvalde shooter, the parkland school, the Topps grocery store?

I think you are giving the alphabet boys way too much credit. Everything they have is reactive not proactive.

So while they can possibly see what I did, they cannot know what I will do, which is the best part of being an American.

As for going door to door that was 3 instances that we know of involving the rare breed triggers, and while I would say beat feet once I knew there was no warrant, I can bet you there was more to it.

I am 44yo and made so many 80% and 0% lowers and on top of that educated many on 4chan, as well as reddit, and many other social media.

They ain't come knocking on my door.

As for digital devices I read the ToS and understand what it is I am signing up for. The whole idea of "if you buy stuff they will come" is absurd.

Meth wouldn't be a thing, either would many other drugs, as they could track your purchases and have you in braclets.

They will know exactly what it is that you allow them to know, which is why I refuse realID. It is part of that compliance test, like the vax was.

We know it didn't stop the spread, we know that the vast majority had no adverse effects, but we also know that the majority took it across the developed nations.

You can dismiss all I said because you know better, but I ask you....do you really? I test the system from time to time, with little things.

Today I went into a bass pro here in CT, I got a glock 17 ten round mag, a safariland holster, a 9mm bore laser, and a CM 301 light laser.

Paid with a CC and showed my OK DL....just to see if anyone would do or say something.

Waited in the parking lot for 45min to see. No one came, so I said hmmmmm. I will open carry as that is legal here in CT.

"Connecticut has no law that specifically restricts the open carrying of a long gun in public."

So I carried around my vector carbine, with a 10rnd mag around where I am at my hotel.

No one came, no one said anything. Now you ask why, I ask why not if you can?
WTF? Welcome to OSA mr ATF. See ya later.

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WTF? Welcome to OSA mr ATF. See ya later.
Lol, you are paranoid obviously.

Seriously why are you so afraid they will take something from you?

That fear is how they take **** from us you know? Ever walk around downtown Atlanta with a vector on your chest?

I have seen people smoking weed in front of cops in NY in times Square as well, federal agents there the whole time and doing nothing.

It ain't my thing, but hey...it's legal so more power to them. I am not nor have I ever been associated to any agency like that. Nor will I.

But even if I was, there isn't anyone here that interesting. None of us are special.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It’s not required unless you are going to get on a commerical airlines but i always thought that was what a passport was for so are they doing away with passports or do you have to have both now. I got just a normal DL back in Feb this year since i have no business or desire to fly to anywhere. And remember that if you’re our 65 or older your normal DL is free.

Your passport or passport card works just fine to fly commercial.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To repeat, go to a rural agency. Most tag agencies are for tags only. Call and check, show up early and be prepared to wait.

Don't go on a Monday or Friday. Fridays are teens / driving schools and are packed .

Gunblinder

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First of all, he just can’t go to a tag agency, he must go to the DMV. Second, you better have a birth certificate that states your sex. You will be turned away if you don’t have that. Wife went thru this about 4 years ago, had to wait on a long form birth certificate. Once you get a OK license, renewal is very easy, just gotta go thru hoops first

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm in Tulsa. My Washington DL expires this month, and I didn't think too much about the complications of getting my license transfered. According to the interwebs, both of Tulsa's locations are already booked up 60 days.(by appt only)
Mon-Fri of course, which means taking a day off work to go try a walk-in office in one of the surrounding areas. I've also read recently that lots of people are getting turned away at local offices even when arriving prior to opening hrs.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
I've walked into Fuson in Norman twice sans appointment. Midweek, late afternoon seemed to be the best time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom