Drug dogs in school parking lots

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was homeschooled by my mother who was a high school drop out until high school. I graduated with a 4.0 without even trying. I now have a masters degree in electrical and computer engineering.

A teaching degree is basically just a major in classroom management with a minor in the subject you want to teach (if that). I fail to see how the basketball coach who taught my american history class was any more qualified than my mother...Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Word! On the first day of my 8th grade American History class the teacher, who was also a basketball coach, looked out at us and said "If your mom graduated from OSU could you please raise your hand?" At least 6 of us did. He then said "Some of you could be my children". Same teacher went on to become an OKC police officer. That happened 4 decades ago. I think teachers could get away with that kinda stuff back then.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your mom was a basketball coach?
I was homeschooled by my mother who was a high school drop out until high school. I graduated with a 4.0 without even trying. I now have a masters degree in electrical and computer engineering.

A teaching degree is basically just a major in classroom management with a minor in the subject you want to teach (if that). I fail to see how the basketball coach who taught my american history class was any more qualified than my mother...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Pokinfun

Special Hen
Reaction score
No, you actually did not say you were home schooled until high school. What you said was, your mom was a high school drop out until she got into high school. Regardless, your mother home schooled you up to the point where she was no longer qualified to teach you, which re enforces my point.
I do agree with you, I did not have one coach who was a good teacher. However, I work with several coaches who have history, science and math degrees, who coach because they like working with kids. I do not think the teachers in my building are the norm. We hired teachers who are willing to coach, many districts hire coaches that are willing to teach.

I said I was homeschooled until high school, which was when I had the useless teachers such as the basketball coach.

Last edited:

Pokinfun

Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it is funny that said you do not have an agenda except the agenda we are debating “other than upholding the law and civil right.” Then make the statement about being a civil libertarian, which by definition means you have an agenda, civil liberties, which is what we are debating.
Thank you for proving my point about debating someone with an agenda is pointless.
By the way, if I had known you were a member of the ACLU, or at least align yourself with their beliefs, I never would have responded to your post. People on the far left have a different view of the world than I do, which means we will never see anything the same way.

I have no agenda (other than upholding the law and civil rights). I didn't have a single teacher that was bad to me. As a matter of fact, even 30 years later I can remember how much I liked and respected my HS principle, Rick Dossett. I came from a home of divorce and lived below the poverty line growing up, but I was a pretty good kid in school. I was never suspended or even spent so much as a single hour in detention from K-12. As good as my behavior record was, I was a terrible student. You could say I was disinterested. I never did homework, but usually aced all my tests. I wound up with a GED. Yet I'm not living hand to mouth. I have a great job (I'm the only one in my office without a degree and I'm not the lowest paid). I own a very nice home that will be fully paid off before I retire. I drive nice cars with low miles and other than a mortgage and two fairly low car payments, I don't owe anyone anything. I'm probably better off than 80% of the country and I'm quite grateful for what I've been able to become. I contribute to my community and I'm proud of it.

I'm also not a parent, just a civil libertarian. I happen to work with LE and emergency 1st responders at a fairly high level on a routine basis. I've worked on committees and provided services for local, state and federal agencies in my AOR for years. I also work with private industry on policies and procedures in my area of expertise. It doesn't matter whether I'm working with a citizen, a regulated entity, stakeholders or partnering agencies, my philosophy is one of cooperative partnering and information sharing. I'd much rather coax someone to do the right thing than force them to. I can talk someone into handcuffs as easily as I can talk them into a fight, so why go the hard route when you don't have to?

If you've detected anything other than an accurate relaying of information on the specific subject with which you disagreed, it's a disagreement with an overly authoritarian style in bureaucratic functionaries (I myself being one). I dislike working with people where its "I'm in charge and you will obey me or suffer the consequences". While that might turn out excellent worker bees who fear to question authority, it generally turns out poor citizens who cannot think for themselves.

As to the subject, if the K9 handler or searcher is a commissioned law enforcement officer, the authority to detain, search and arrest based on RAS and PC is iron clad. The problem is you came in here with your apples to denounce the oranges. Sorry, but you were wrong then and changing the terms now does not void your wrongness. Feel free to go back and read it VERY carefully. That's what I do for a living. I work all day, every day with highly technical writing that involves laws and regulations. It's my bread and butter. While it might sound arrogant, I have a significant record of being correct. I simply take pride in technical accuracy is all. My nickname is "OCD" for a reason. :)

The boatz doth protest too much, methinks.

Everything you're accusing me of is glaringly obvious in your writing. You're projecting your emotions onto me. You're also making the same mistake that tlbn has, bringing apples to an orange judging contest. I'm sure you have an enviable record in the public school arena. I'd stack my record in my area of expertise against yours any day, but that would be another apples to oranges comparison. I could say that I've never lost a case (which go before federal judges), but most of my cases never make it that far. I've literally had defense counsel turn to their clients in conference and tell them to concede. While I take pride in the detail and accuracy of my investigative reports, I take more pride in the number I could've written, but managed to work out cooperative solutions that precluded the necessity of going the legal enforcement route.

This thread has drifted far afield from the OP's original query, but I stand behind what I've posted 100%. It is technically accurate to a fault. You might not like it, but that's irrelevant. One area I've had significant training and experience in is reading people, particularly adults in a compromised position or environment. Investigations are a significant portion of my workload. Several months out of my fiscal year are devoted solely to investigations. Based strictly on your post style and content, I'd surmise that you're heavily invested in your persona as an authoritative figure over minors. I'll bet you did a LOT of good in your career, but a small part of you probably took pleasure in the occasional heavy hand as well.

Regardless, I've said all I have to say on the subject and I wish you no ill will either. I'm a believer in karma and I try to keep mine as clean as possible. I simply can't resist weighing in when I see technical inaccuracies being bandied about as fact. That you most certainly have done here. Disagree with me if you wish, think less of me if it makes you feel better, but I haven't posted a single inaccuracy here. This is my last post in this thread, so carry on as you see fit. Good day! :)

P.S. Apologies for incorrectly calling you principle as opposed to Principal. While the mistake might not have accorded you the level of deference you're accustomed to, I'd think calling you a person of "principle" wouldn't be construed as demeaning? :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom