Recommendations for WiFi Security Cam System with no subscription

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acope

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Folks,

I know some of you are dead set against WiFi enabled security systems, and I get it. No need to rehash all that; what I’d like are recommendations for a WiFi security system with the following requirements and conditions:

1) I’ll use windows overlooking the outdoor areas I want under surveillance, so I can use indoor cams to save money
2) Plug-in for AC power (no batteries that require regular charging or replacement)
3) NO use of Alexa, Google Assistant, or Siri to control the cameras
4) Ability to record incidents to DVR via WiFi and access recordings via phone
5) Distances up to 50 feet
6) As mentioned, no subscription needed at all

My budget will be up to $500-750, and I’d like four cameras. It seems most such systems work best with Alexa, GA, or Siri. After a particularly nasty exchange with Google customer service over their insistence I upload a copy of my DL to use their Nest cam recording ability, I want to avoid such “services” as far as I can. I was looking at Eufy, but they do mention using Alexa or Siri to control the cameras :puke:

Any suggestions?
Wyze.com They have a very full selection of cameras, flood lights, etc. Reasonably priced.

Latest posts

Top Bottom