Recommendations for WiFi Security Cam System with no subscription

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
wyze
can buy direct or on amazon.

no subscription unless you want. i have had for 4 years indoor and outdoor, same camera for what I use.
each camera is like $32 or something now. (wyze camv3) (mini SD card in each also needed if you want continuous view with out subscription)
not sure about the "motion detection" if you are projecting through a window? maybe that isnt what you are doing but don't think that works as well with projecting through a window, but dont know.
depends perhaps what you want, but I like them. if you want a subscription, use with alexa, google, you can, but not needed. I do not.

there are many out there.
- but wyze work well for me.
Wyze for the win. There is a little delay from detection to an alert on the phone like 10 seconds which some don’t like but it works for us.
We have 12 scattered around, cams looking at cams so one can’t steal or disable the cam without being seen doing so. Caught them on sale the other day for $17 each. Waterproof and color night vision. Bought two to replace some older ones. 1080p resolution.
We also have several cams attached to a UPS so if someone pulls the electric meter to kill power, the cams attached to the UPS and router still have many hours of operation. Some outside are battery powered with solar backup to keep them charged plus use cellular trail cams to monitor the access road and surrounding perimeter that are overlapping. Haven’t found any dead spots.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments, folks! Much appreciated. As it turns out, my girlfriend bought me a Blink package of three outdoor cameras, an indoor PTZ camera, a doorbell cam, and a sync module. I’ve started setting up the cams, and will get it all done today when it's relatively warm. No subscription needed; it only adds cloud storage and person recognition, two features I don't need. Motion detection is good enough for me.

This is a great forum!

bigb159

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wyze for the win. There is a little delay from detection to an alert on the phone like 10 seconds which some don’t like but it works for us.
We have 12 scattered around, cams looking at cams so one can’t steal or disable the cam without being seen doing so. Caught them on sale the other day for $17 each. Waterproof and color night vision. Bought two to replace some older ones. 1080p resolution.
We also have several cams attached to a UPS so if someone pulls the electric meter to kill power, the cams attached to the UPS and router still have many hours of operation. Some outside are battery powered with solar backup to keep them charged plus use cellular trail cams to monitor the access road and surrounding perimeter that are overlapping. Haven’t found any dead spots.
Careful with Wyze. A couple if years back, they got caught with full knowledge of a security breach, but not having informed customers.

I avoid cameras which record to someone else's server.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Careful with Wyze. A couple if years back, they got caught with full knowledge of a security breach, but not having informed customers.

I avoid cameras which record to someone else's server.
They certainly got caught but fixed that. Wasn’t too proud of them when hearing about that.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Totally agree. We use Wyze camera at home, at the lake house and I installed them in my mom’s house. Very easy and affordable.

ScottsLife

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Click on their icon. You will get a drop down that allows you to select a private message.
Click on their icon. You will get a drop down that allows you to select a private message.
Hi Dennis, either I'm dense or things don't work for new members or don't work the same on a Mac. When I hover on the icon there is no dropdown but all I see is:

Gift, Follow, or Ignore

If I click on the icon it takes me to a page, again with no dropdown, only options are:

Ignore Find Add Feedback

Latest activity Postings About Shared bookmarks Feedback Stats

Latest posts

Top Bottom